Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah it’s the Fournier, Wiseman, Fonteccio trio that’s killing us. And our bench has been awful tonight outside of Markelle

Starters back in and the lead goes from 13 to 22. Yes, Kelle looks awesome tonight. He even knocked down a jumper and looked like there was no hitch. WCJ looks like he is getting back into form too.

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Non-Magic news, Jalen Brunson hurt for the Knicks. Looked real bad

Wow I didn't see that! That would be devastating for them for sure. And you're right about Franz. He looks off tonight. Just picked up a frustration tech as well.

Usually when you have 20 plus turnovers it results in a big deficit loss. Not the other way around. That's all about the solid defense that was played tonight. The bench struggled for sure. But they were due for a clunker at some point. There have been plenty of instances where they have picked up the starters. Tonight the starters had their backs. If the Knicks lose tonight then we will jump to 5th in the playoff standings, and will only be a half game behind the Sixers for the 4th spot.

It’s so frustrating watching teams like Cleveland and Dallas play like **** when we need them to win. We never seem to get that kind of break lol

7 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

It’s so frustrating watching teams like Cleveland and Dallas play like **** when we need them to win. We never seem to get that kind of break lol

don't worry about them. Our boys are not playing around. Paolo is a absolute superstar I'm taking hall of fame generational talent. Let alone franz and co. We take care of our business then we r good.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

They don't have Mitchell either. However, I thought the Cavs playing at home would have the significant advantage, Not the case thus far.

4 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

don't worry about them. Our boys are not playing around. Paolo is a absolute superstar I'm taking hall of fame generational talent. Let alone franz and co. We take care of our business then we r good.

All very true and valid points. The one thing they need to clean up is the turnovers. But with the solid coaching staff they will get that straightened out. 

38 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Franz looks way off tonight. Forcing everything 

Franz been forcing things a lot all season, which is why his percentages are down across the board this season. He plays better playing off Paolo. He gets into trouble when he tries to initiate the offense more times than not. 

HI   was at the game tonight.   Most of folks comments are true.    Starters played well at the beginning and Markelle lit it up off the bench. I think I said this before but he needs to lead the bench unit for the rest of this year.  After that who knows.  The rest of the bench was slow tonight     and yes   Franz was bad, leading to the technical, and Evan killed us.    But we seemed in control all night.   When we started to slip, Mose made the right call and put the starters back in.    I actually love how sometimes it is the bench and sometimes the starters who carry the game.   The 3rd string looked really lost at the end, except for AB     even Caleb Houston was way off.      If it is comfortable, we should get them some time in these next 2 back to backs.

Last Comment about Markelle.  Yes, he looked really clean, no hitch, and he jump shot was right handed.  I was waiting for him to get to the line to see about the left handed stuff, but each time he was fouled it was a non shooting foul.     But, he was shooting left handed during pregame warm up and hit a 3 that way, so who knows?

anyway  thats my take, lol

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

10/10