Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

All I know is it felt like every OKC 3 was wide open, and it felt like they made all of em. SGA is a megastar, and not only can he shoot, he’s surrounded by shooters at all times. Not only that they have shooters they’ve found that can also defend at a high level, it doesn’t have to be one or the other.

Also, Weltman not doing something with Gary Harris at the deadline is looking more unforgivable every game.

OKC has a really good team and they shot the ball better than us last night. SGA was mvp level after halftime, especially right after it, and Paolo really struggled to guard Jalen Williams who went for 30+. We didn’t lose this game because of Fultz. That’s absurd. I’d put this game way more on Paolo and Franz. Paolo for his inability to keep Jalen in front of him, and Franz because he was ice cold. Also, JI had one of his worst games of the year and was not a positive for us out there. He gets a pass for me. He can’t be Superman every game. Same for Franz. Also, their bench guys shot the ball really well and answered all of our runs. It happens. The sky isn’t falling. We lost to a really good team that played really well on a night when our super young stars struggled in the areas I mentioned. Onwards and upwards! 

No Fultz or Harris tonight due to injury maintenance. We have 8 days before our next game…

I’ll save my opinions on that because I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.

3 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

No Fultz or Harris tonight due to injury maintenance. We have 8 days before our next game…

not mad at all.. 
But i wish we had the guts to start J. Howard next to Suggs.. 

2 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

not mad at all.. 
But i wish we had the guts to start J. Howard next to Suggs.. 

Would be cool to see Jett get meaningful minutes but I doubt it happens. 

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Both should be on injury maintenance on some other team. 

Fultz should play 30 minutes a game and should have the ball in his hands 80% of the time. But he’s not, when he does play it’s 24 minutes tops and has the ball 20% of the time. He HAS to have the ball to be effective, and I don’t give crap if he can’t shoot right now, because he’s the best playmaking guard we have. Unfortunately. 

Also FREE JETT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Should be Jett not Caleb. We know what Caleb is and it ain’t much. 

Oh I agree. Just wait until Jett gets a DNP-CD and Chuma gets the backup shooting guard minutes tonight. I agree very much with your previous post about management and their lack of courage. Sitting stagnant at the trade deadline shows how unserious we are. 

16 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Oh I agree. Just wait until Jett gets a DNP-CD and Chuma gets the backup shooting guard minutes tonight. I agree very much with your previous post about management and their lack of courage. Sitting stagnant at the trade deadline shows how unserious we are. 

Built to lose folks. Built to lose. No other way to describe it. It truly boggles the mind. Suggs and Harris not playing tonight. Two of the better three-point shooters on the team. And of course, Howard won't even sniff the court this evening. The Knicks will pack the paint while the Magic shoot around 28 percent from downtown. I think NY will win rather easily tonight. Just a hunch. Magic are in sleepwalk mode heading into the break unfortunately. Quite frankly they played frightened basketball last night. 

• Downvote 2