Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Go Magic! Hope everyone is healthy. Can't wait to watch Isaac and Goga shut down Chet! 

On another note i never get to watch Shai so looking forward to that as a basketball fan.

Our injury report is blank.  Not sure I’ve ever seen that before

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Our injury report is blank.  Not sure I’ve ever seen that before

Holy ****! Time to buy a lottery ticket.

Their bench is outplaying ours with the exception of Mo. When Suggs went out the lead disappeared faster than a hunk of cheese sitting in front of the dumpster at Winn Dixie.

I hate to say it folks. But unfortunately, we are not ready for prime time. Not by a long shot. We just don't have the offense. No where near enough shooting to be considered a real deal contender. What we are seeing now is what we can expect in the playoffs. When teams ramp up their defense against us the turnovers pile up and we settle for too many 3's. With that said this team is just not good enough in terms of shooting the basketball. The Thunder have a solid offense. They also have an MVP type player in SGA. Quite frankly they are head and shoulders above the Magic. Not even close in my opinion. Which is why I have the Thunder winning tonight's game. Unless we get some shooters, the results will always be the same. Not trying to be negative here. Just keeping it real.

When teams clog the middle against us we have big problems.  Nothing new there unfortunately.  We really need a starting PG who’s more of an offensive threat.  

6 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

When teams clog the middle against us we have big problems.  Nothing new there unfortunately.  We really need a starting PG who’s more of an offensive threat.  

But but but the team chemistry will be ruined and we don’t know how this team will perform when everyone’s healthy. In all seriousness we need to bring in shooters to help spread the floor. It doesn’t matter how good your defense is if you can’t make a shot, especially from 3. 

1 minute ago, OnlyFranz said:

But but but the team chemistry will be ruined and we don’t know how this team will perform when everyone’s healthy. In all seriousness we need to bring in shooters to help spread the floor. It doesn’t matter how good your defense is if you can’t make a shot, especially from 3. 

Without shooting, and with the way this team is currently constructed we have no chance to win tonight. NONE. In addition to this, we will also have no chance of winning in the playoffs. NONE. Quite frankly I don't see us even winning one playoff game. And yet management and other folks will sell the season as a complete success. Folks you can't win if you can't shoot. And ironically a guy that they drafted who can shoot is wasting away in the G League. Then no shooters added at the trade deadline. It's like when a car salesman is trying to sell you a used car. He will only tell you about the good stuff. However, he won't mention that it only gets about 7 miles per gallon and that the brakes occasionally go out.