Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

1 minute ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

Yes, Embiid is out in Philly. Also, Randle out for the Knicks. All it takes is a 7 or 8 game winning streak while other teams go 4-4 at the same time and all of a sudden, we're right back up there in the standings.

I dunno, I think Randle being out is good for the Knicks :)

3 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Announcers just said the death lineup gave up 2 total points once they entered for the final 3:07

They flat out shut things down! Just like in Minnesota. Wow, coach just said that Franz scored 38 while driving to the rack over 20 times and yet no free throws! How is that even possible?!

5 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I dunno, I think Randle being out is good for the Knicks :)

Lol. Yeah, you got a point there. They can play at a faster pace now. Although not having him in the lineup cost them last night against the Lakers at MSG.

Ok so here's a thing. If the Suggs/Franz/Paolo/Isaac/WCJ lineup is the one you want to go to in the 4th quarter, do you even need to make a trade that brings in a starter? Or do you just make a more fringe move to add another vet shooter? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

Ok so here's a thing. If the Suggs/Franz/Paolo/Isaac/WCJ lineup is the one you want to go to in the 4th quarter, do you even need to make a trade that brings in a starter? Or do you just make a more fringe move to add another vet shooter? 

I was thinking about that today, and was surprised that same group played but with GH instead of Suggs for awhile. I guess the question is, is our death lineup Franz/Paolo/JI/WCJ/guard who’s having the best game, or is it Franz/Paolo/JI/WCJ/Suggs?

if it’s the former go get a starting level guard who can help on offense with that unit. Honestly tho I’m good either way. Right now the weakest parts of the rotation are Cole and Joe, Joe will figure it out and Cole should get benched for AB unless we upgrade at the deadline 

3 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'd go with the fringe move to add another vet shooter. If we can add someone who can consistently knock down shots from deep that would be a tremendous addition. Right now, that is certainly a weakness. I wouldn't necessarily do something that would mess with team chemistry in terms of making a bigtime move at this point.

4 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I was thinking about that today, and was surprised that same group played but with GH instead of Suggs for awhile. I guess the question is, is our death lineup Franz/Paolo/JI/WCJ/guard who’s having the best game, or is it Franz/Paolo/JI/WCJ/Suggs?

if it’s the former go get a starting level guard who can help on offense with that unit. Honestly tho I’m good either way. Right now the weakest parts of the rotation are Cole and Joe, Joe will figure it out and Cole should get benched for AB unless we upgrade at the deadline 

I'm not sure Joe will figure it out to be fair. He's a 36 year old man who not long ago had an ACL tear. He still has really nice moments but his defense is bad and for a vet he turns the ball over quite a lot.

Wouldn't mind relegating him to a deeper bench role but I think that'd require 2 moves not 1. A wing shooter to replace him and more of a natural floor general for the bench because it feels like Joe is more that than Cole (either a backup PG or a starting PG and Fultz takes over backup duties)

4 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Cole's game has definitely disappeared lately. You don't get the same offensive output with AB, but at least you get some steady defense. Perhaps bring in a veteran PG who has the ability to knock down some triples with a relatively minor move at the deadline and that would address two important issues simultaneously. 

37 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Fultz is not part of that lineup you’ve got above, and our poor starts are still worrisome.  I’d like to see a PG who can get that first unit going, and leave the above group intact to finish out games.  

3 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Magictime22 mentioned it a page or two ago.  Didn’t have the statistics though.  Worse than I thought.  

The Sampson Effect. Whatever lover who convinced him to do this needs to go.