Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

Just now, JJZFL said:

I agree.  Not sure what’s happened to him but his confidence looks like it’s gone

It's a weird coincidence, but ever since he changed up his hair his game has gone south rapidly.

3 minutes ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

I see the familiar trend of horrible first quarters has continued against the high school team they are playing today. Allowing this team to shoot 55 percent while surrendering 29 points is totally unacceptable on multiple levels. And what's up with Wendell? He is a turnover machine out there today. As someone here mentioned recently, how long can we keep playing with fire until we get burned?

Agree with your comment but our guys must not underestimate this team, which has won 3 of their past 10.  If our guys think of them as a high school team and don’t take them seriously we will lose.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

It's a weird coincidence, but ever since he changed up his hair his game has gone south rapidly.

You’re right

1 minute ago, JJZFL said:

Agree with your comment but our guys must not underestimate this team, which has won 3 of their past 10.  If our guys think of them as a high school team and don’t take them seriously we will lose.  

Exactly! Spot on!

One thing I have noticed is that we have to be one of the worst team in the NBA while running a 3 on 1 fastbreak.  Just had one here recently and Fultz turned it over. However, it's good that we snagged the lead back. Now we need to drop the hammer and put these guys away.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

One thing I have noticed is that we have to be one of the worst team in the NBA while running a 3 on 1 fastbreak.  Just had one here recently and Fultz turned it over. However, it's good that we snagged the lead back. Now we need to drop the hammer and put these guys away.

Agree.  If we can get a decent lead going in the third, they’ve lost so much they might get discouraged and fold.  But if we let them keep it close, it could go either way. They’ve definitely got some young talent.  

1 minute ago, Babir_9 said:

I have a headache after watching these 2 quarters. What a terrible, ugly basketball. 

I recommend morphine.  You won’t care about your headache or the game :)

4-8 from the ft line in the first half. Wendell was 0-2. Hope this doesn't come back to haunt us. And what is up with WCJ today? What a horrible first half! More turnovers than points!

3 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Agree.  If we can get a decent lead going in the third, they’ve lost so much they might see the writing on the wall and fold.  But if we let them keep it close, it could go either way. They’ve definitely got some young talent.  

So far they are keeping it close unfortunately. I am very interested to see how we come out in the second half. Will it be with more focus and intensity? Or will it be the same low energy and carelessness? The basketball looks like a hot potato out there today! I'll take it! No, you take it! 

5 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

This Pistons team are god awful. If we lose this trade half the team.

Yeah, we need to stop playing with our food. Get off to a hot start in the 3rd and put these guys away