Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

4 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Fultz must be hurt …he was playing well …absolutely no reason to not have him on the court 

Yeah Kelle was either on a minutes restriction that wasn’t disclosed or reaggravated something. No other reason for him not playing in crunch time, esp with Suggs already out 

5 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

This is what you get when you only take a team seriously for 10 minutes of a 48 minute game. Our easy schedule doesn’t mean a damn thing if we play entitled basketball. This is a bad loss any way you shake it. We’re past the point of moral victories and “at least we came back and only lost by 1” talk.

At least we moved the ball for an open look on the last play, something we hadn’t been doing. Unfortunately it resulted in a three point shot.  But your larger point is right on target.  We should never have been down 1 with five seconds left to begin with.  That’s a result of the “entitled basketball “ you’re talking about.  

7 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah Kelle was either on a minutes restriction that wasn’t disclosed or reaggravated something. No other reason for him not playing in crunch time, esp with Suggs already out 

Not to bash AB …but he played nearly 30 minutes …had 5 fouls …2 points and 3 rebounds …that’s why I don’t understand Fultz not playing …crap I wanna win these games …we had a chance to catch Miami tonight 

Edit: he does hustle 

8 missed free throws. 9 for 34 from deep. This is an ongoing familiar problem. Then you factor in all of these injuries. Two guys come back and then two or three guys are injured again. And when they get hurt they disappear for an extra amount of time. Remember during the in season tournament when players would get hurt they would miraculaously come back to play within minutes? Now with similar injuries they are out for quite awhile. Also they were playing ferocious defense back then. I don't see that fire and intensity anymore. After all isn't defense supposed to be this teams calling card?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

At least we moved the ball for an open look on the last play, something we hadn’t been doing. Unfortunately it resulted in a three point shot.  But your larger point is right on target.  We should never have been down 1 with five seconds left to begin with.  That’s a result of the “entitled basketball “ you’re talking about.  

When Paolo had the ball, I was hoping he would drive into the paint to get a foul call.

How the hell do you setup a last shot for Ingles who is cold and hadn’t played in the fourth quarter. Geezus this is unacceptable. They kept bombing 3’s and did the coach do something about it? Hell no. He setup another play for one. Wtf 

1 minute ago, fan for too long 2 said:

How the hell do you setup a last shot for Ingles who is cold and hadn’t played in the fourth quarter. Geezus this is unacceptable. They kept bombing 3’s and did the coach do something about it? Hell no. He setup another play for one. Wtf 

They doubled Banchero …he made the right read 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ball junkie said:

I know a lot of yall don’t like Cole …but he’s a scorer …why wasn’t he on the court for the last possession ?

I agree. What were we suppose to get from AB? He does not shoot the ball.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ball junkie said:

They doubled Banchero …he made the right read 

The right coaching move is not even have Ingles in. He was sitting cold and he’s old. And of course Paolo was doubled that’s good coaching, but not what Mosely’s counter to that was. 

I’m sure the last playcall was Paolo iso and Ingles winding up with the shot was all Paolo making the selfless and IMO correct play. If the shot goes in we’re all praising it. The last play didn’t lose us the game.

And I agree on the AB takes. He’s a baby trying to learn one of if not the hardest position to play in professional sports. He’s gonna take patience, but injuries are continuing to force our hand to throw him into the fire