Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

I find it hilarious that Orlandoholic doesn’t think Murray is a PG. He would do wonders for this team and all this talk about his bad character is being way over blown. We need a gritty player who can create his own offense. All this Cole Anthony play, jacking up terrible shots left and right and not initiating any kind of offense is getting old. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, MagicMan1979 said:

Just wanted to point out again to you the schedule lightens up as you’ve said this many many times. This should be the time when we lose especially with these injuries. 

i remember Junkie lol

Yeah understood but my point was we should not be losing to a sub 500 team like Atlanta at home with a tough tough slate of games upcoming …and you can’t count March and April games as w’s either …if we fall down below 500 after January that puts a lot of pressure on your team to come back …especially a young one like this one is when every poster on this board is expecting playoffs 

1 minute ago, ball junkie said:

Yeah understood but my point was we should not be losing to a sub 500 team like Atlanta at home with a tough tough slate of games upcoming …and you can’t count March and April games as w’s either …if we fall down below 500 after January that puts a lot of pressure on your team to come back …especially a young one like this one is when every poster on this board is expecting playoffs 

I get it and you’re right about beating Atlanta. 

21 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. He exacerbated his old injury. 

Yeah I know he was diagnosed with TOS just didn’t realize it came back. Unfortunately we need to move on from Fultz he can’t stay healthy and if his shot is this broken he’s useless to us. 

6 minutes ago, OnlyFranz said:

I find it hilarious that Orlandoholic doesn’t think Murray is a PG. He would do wonders for this team and all this talk about his bad character is being way over blown. We need a gritty player who can create his own offense. All this Cole Anthony play, jacking up terrible shots left and right and not initiating any kind of offense is getting old. 

Dejounte straight up tried to clown and start several fights with our superstar at a freaking ProAM game. No thanks. Give me someone who won’t potentially destroy our locker room and hurt our solid relationship with the best thing to happen to this franchise in a decade.

Just now, All Eyes On Me said:

Dejounte straight up tried to clown and start several fights with our superstar at a freaking ProAM game. No thanks. Give me someone who won’t potentially destroy our locker room and hurt our solid relationship with the best thing to happen to this franchise in a decade.

He said he felt disrespected by Paolo and let him know with his play and with a little trash talking. I wouldn’t mind that grittiness on this team, it’s better to play with someone like that than against them. Unfortunately you can’t expect to win at any level by being the nicest guys on the court. We need guys who take things personal and know how to turn it up when needed. 

I’m keep waiting to hit the age where bad refereeing doesn’t make my blood boil. 36 years old and still not quite there lol.

Caleb might actually be a ball player. He’s earned some minutes as one of the few that can actually knock down an open shot

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, OnlyFranz said:

He said he felt disrespected by Paolo and let him know with his play and with a little trash talking. I wouldn’t mind that grittiness on this team, it’s better to play with someone like that than against them. Unfortunately you can’t expect to win at any level by being the nicest guys on the court. We need guys who take things personal and know how to turn it up when needed. 

If Paolo signs off on it, then sure, let’s do it.

Also re: Markelle, the hitch is back on his free throws, which means it’s more than likely back on his jump shot. Let’s play him enough to show he’s healthy and sell before his value is gone.

7 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

If Paolo signs off on it, then sure, let’s do it.

Agreed, Paolo would need to be on board or else I wouldn’t want Murray here either.