Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

6 hours ago, Jtsaints said:

Our offense as constructed can not win esp in the playoffs. We need a real general and playmaker

we have a general. he’s currently injured. we are missing two right now.. 

10 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Just now watched last nights game …random observations:

1) Magic have a losing record against teams above .500

2) In our 9 game winning streak only 2 wins were against teams with winning records .

3) Tyrese Maxey was drafted 21 in the 2020 draft the Magic took Cole at 15 …UK guards continue to flourish in the NBA.

4) Magic team 3 point shooting percentage is now down to 33.7 ….   .5 out of dead last in the league …when your 2 best players like to attack the rim this stat does not promote efficiency offensively .

5) Philly win last night was their first all year when playing without Joel Embid.

6) Brutal stretch of games coming up against winning teams.

On observation number 3 …I have a friend that says Maxey was taken with the pick we traded for Markelle …I researched but couldn’t find anything …Is this true for anyone that has knowledge of this draft ?

2 hours ago, ball junkie said:

On observation number 3 …I have a friend that says Maxey was taken with the pick we traded for Markelle …I researched but couldn’t find anything …Is this true for anyone that has knowledge of this draft ?

it’s true.. 

But it was a bit of an anomaly that it conveyed to Philly.. it was a pick that originated from OKC and they were tanking.. 

In the last game of that season, OKC and their band of misfits won their game, led by Muscala. 

If OKC would have lost their last game they would have kept the pick and the pick would have turned into two seconds. 

Long story short though is that, that was the pick Philly got in the Fultz deal. 

But, in all seriousness. I don’t believe we would have drafted Maxey. Anthony was the right pick back then because we desperately needed a PG. 
I was high on Maxey, but just because his workout process. He improved really quick and was impressive to me. 

word out there was that we were pretty high on Hampton, so that was probably going to be our pick.. 

That years draft was pretty rough for us. We should/could and must have found a way to trade up for Vassell or Haliburton. Especially Haliburton was the PG we was looking for and we just aren’t aggressive in drafts in general. 

Just like we missed out on the opportunity to draft Doncic

Hoping kelle is ever going to stay healthy at this point isn’t a good plan for our future. We need a floor general that stays on the floor. The best ability is availability

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Boy our fitness/ wellness trainers are really good. Let the downvotes commence. Lol

Seems like we still have those GH wellness trainers

Not feeling confident on this game but i hope the team proves me wrong. Spacing is going to be an issue again with 2 of our “shooters” out. 

This is the time for cole to be streaky