Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

11 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

Not imo.. He provides little on offense. In this game he had a couple of nice outback dunks. Yeah on i get it. I like the hustle. But WCJ is a better passer, a more creative playmaker, a 3 point threat, a pick and roll threat and a threat in the post.

WCJ is all of that when he's healthy and at his best but he wasn't really any of that last night. He took 2 shots. Goga had more points, rebounds and assists in less minutes.

Also I don't think WCJ is a definitively better passer. Goga is also a great passer. 

2 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

Heard an interview. He’s doing just fine.. He just wants to fully heal. Meaning he wants to play painfree, given his injury history he wants to be extra cautious. Also he wants to be full go and not in an out…

There was no injury that anyone noticed.  Just his surgically repaired knee swelling up after a few games.  No reason to believe that won’t be an issue in the future.  The only way he can be pretty much guaranteed not to have issues going forward is for him not to play at all.  Given how AB looks like he’s starting to develop, maybe that wouldn’t be such a bad thing.  

We need shooters and another PG. Markelle is our only true PG. Paolo and Franz handle isn't tight enough to be primary ball handler. Weltman needs to get on the phone with Portland for Brogden.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I can not believe Caleb and Chuma are getting minutes and Jett gets nothing. SMDH  Goga getting 2 minutes is another head shaker. 

Goga twist his ankle. 

21 minutes ago, Shine88 said:

We need shooters and another PG. Markelle is our only true PG. Paolo and Franz handle isn't tight enough to be primary ball handler. Weltman needs to get on the phone with Portland for Brogden.

Ingles and harris going down already put us at a disadvantage on shooting. Paint is clogged, the reason paolo and franz are having a hard time. They have no confidence on their outside shooting. Franz looks flat and paolo have so much arc. 

We have a long way to go. They are missing their best player and arguably the best in the NBA and yet we are being obliterated like this. 
to be fair, we are on a second night of a b2b. 

• Like 1

Hi   Just got back from the game.    And it was a sad affair.

I have lost alot of my confidence in the team.  Why?

Most importantly, we can not shoot.    We e had wide open shot after wide open shot and missed consistently.

Use have a few streaky outside shooters, Suggs hits some, and paolo usually hits from the top of the key. Cole is completly

streaky.    After a good start, Suggs and cole shot us out of the game. Franz just forced and forced.  Mo was cold.

NOW ... i expect poor shooting. What i did not expect was getting run over on defense. Maxey got whatever he wanted. Marcus Morris,

tobias, melton, all took turns beating us     and yes, we looked tired  especially the last 3 minutes.   Missed dunks off the front of the rim.

We were just not good.

Now I'm sure someone is going to come at me with the stats. I'm just telling you what the eye test revealed.

We did not look like the 4th place team.

oh   and markelle was not dressed and did not participate in any shooting.

Though he did rush over and pull Suggs away from a ref before he got a T

17 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

Hi   Just got back from the game.    And it was a sad affair.

I have lost alot of my confidence in the team.  Why?

Most importantly, we can not shoot.    We e had wide open shot after wide open shot and missed consistently.

Use have a few streaky outside shooters, Suggs hits some, and paolo usually hits from the top of the key. Cole is completly

streaky.    After a good start, Suggs and cole shot us out of the game. Franz just forced and forced.  Mo was cold.

NOW ... i expect poor shooting. What i did not expect was getting run over on defense. Maxey got whatever he wanted. Marcus Morris,

tobias, melton, all took turns beating us     and yes, we looked tired  especially the last 3 minutes.   Missed dunks off the front of the rim.

We were just not good.

Now I'm sure someone is going to come at me with the stats. I'm just telling you what the eye test revealed.

We did not look like the 4th place team.

oh   and markelle was not dressed and did not participate in any shooting.

Though he did rush over and pull Suggs away from a ref before he got a T

I hope FULTZ DIDNT TWEAK HIS KNEE. LOL  This team didn’t look like a fourth place team, because it’s not. You can’t shoot as bad as this team does and be that, I don’t give a dam how good your defense is. This an offense driven league, yet our coaches and mngt don’t seem to give two flying fux about it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1