Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

I guess Jett will play when we’re up by 30 with 2 minutes left. Coaching malpractice, great way to develop your lottery picks. Also putting AB in the corner on every offensive set is also unacceptable. He doesn’t even bring the ball up the court. SMH 

It’s been talked about, but there are some noticeable moves that Paolo’s puttin on guys that look just like something he and KD worked on

• Like 1

Glad to see we didn't play with our food.

Paolo and Franz just did what they do. Paolo is over flowing with confidence at the moment the way he's taking and making that pull up middy. 

I don't know if it's a testament to our talent level or our coaching that all of our guys, even the rookies and deep bench guys, look like NBA players whereas that Pistons team had a bunch of guys I'm not sure should be in the league based on that showing. Just a random assortment of guys seemingly assembled without any thought of fit or system. Brings back Hennigan era memories lol. 

Cade gives the vibes of someone who'll struggle in Detroit for 6 years before getting traded to a team who make him the third option and he's perfect for it and becomes an important part of a great team (maybe that team could be us? Lol)

Bagley/Wiseman/Stewart is basketball terrorism as a big man rotation. They're obviously missing Duren a lot. They made Goga look unstoppable.

Nice to get some more minutes into Jett, I'm happy with bringing him along slowly. 

Hope we can get Jalen back for the Cavs game and get some revenge for that loss. Feel like we need his defense against Donovan and Garland. 

Then we've got two games at Boston, come home to play the Heat and back on the road to Milwaukee. That's an incredibly tough 5 game stretch. 

Then we play the Pacers in Indiana, the Wizards, then we host the 76ers. 

Then we start January on a 4 game west coast road trip that's Suns, Warriors/Kings on a back to back and then Denver. 

11 out of those 12 games are really tough. We'll know a lot about what this team is by the second week in January. 

Even if we go .500 the rest of the way that gets us to 45 wins which was the 6th seed last season. Feels achievable. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Evan Mobley missed the Cavs' Heat game on Friday. One to monitor for our game on Monday night.

he is out tonight 

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

he is out tonight 

This'll be interesting. They started Dean Wade in his place against the Heat, I like that matchup for Paolo. Wonder if they'll go with Niang instead, he's probably a better matchup for them.