Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

17 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/posts/3-trade-targets-orlando-magic-should-avoid

Writer says avoid Brogdon, Simons and Bogdonovic …Says Simons is high volume and needs the ball in his hands …I can tell you Portland fans complain about this also 

Yeah, I read that article this morning. I agree with some of his points on Simons, and more importantly the asking price for him will be insane. Simons made a lot more sense to trade for when he was still an unknown and we hadn’t drafted Banchero yet.

That being said, I strongly disagree with his sentence about if Portland calls don’t answer the phone. He’d help immensely with spacing and I have a soft spot for anyone named Anfernee who grew up a diehard Magic fan.

13 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I wonder if Darius Garland will become available at some point..

Maybe the off-season? The run Cleveland went on without him was impressive, and they, especially Spida, were underachieving badly before he got hurt.

24 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I think he’s insurance for Donovan, who’s probably leaving. I don’t see them losing both

24 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I think he’s insurance for Donovan, who’s probably leaving. I don’t see them losing both

Yea I know what you mean. Just wondering if they try and convince Donovan to stay with a big trade that includes Garland. (Then we get in on it as the third team).

4 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Gary Harris probable for tomorrow night at Minnesota

No way. That can't be true because that would mean the Magic have a blank injury report for the first time in months. 

Feel like the universe is going to correct itself and someone will get injured shortly.

13 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

No way. That can't be true because that would mean the Magic have a blank injury report for the first time in months. 

Feel like the universe is going to correct itself and someone will get injured shortly.

Yeah, only guys out on the injury report are Jett and Kevon cause they’re on assignment to Lakeland. The timing of G coming back is interesting. Enough games to showcase he’s ok to interested suitors, hopefully not enough games for him to get hurt again.

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

He would be a great fit but like others have said it depends on if Mitchell wants to be there long term. 

I still like Mitchell a lot as well. He’s killing it this year. 

2 hours ago, ball junkie said:

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/posts/3-trade-targets-orlando-magic-should-avoid

Writer says avoid Brogdon, Simons and Bogdonovic …Says Simons is high volume and needs the ball in his hands …I can tell you Portland fans complain about this also 

This writer doesn’t know what he’s talking about. I disagree with his whole mindset. He’s waiting for some perfect player that doesn’t exist. I especially disliked his thoughts on getting a PG to play make and take the ball out of Paolo and Franz’s hands. 

1 minute ago, MagicMan1979 said:

This writer doesn’t know what he’s talking about. I disagree with his whole mindset. He’s waiting for some perfect player that doesn’t exist. I especially disliked his thoughts on getting a PG to play make and take the ball out of Paolo and Franz’s hands. 

Well what do you think Simons would do if he was here …that’s his point …and when Fultz was hurt I was all about Simons …thought it would help both teams and help open up the floor for my boy Sharpe …but like I said he’s ball dominant …black hole is what they call him and he will put up numbers .