Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

3 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

1. Anfernee Simons, Portland Trail Blazers

2. Bogdan Bogdanović, Atlanta Hawks

3. Corey Kispert, Washington Wizards

Orlando's defense is ferocious, but the offense could hold this club back if not bolstered between now and the deadline. The Magic are woefully short on shooters, and they don't have enough players who can create something out of nothing.

Both Simons and Bogdanović could help with that. The former could cost a fortune, but he might be worth the investment given his chance to grow alongside Paolo Banchero and Franz Wagner. Bogdanović has already pushed past his 31st birthday, so he'd be more of a win-right-now addition, but you could argue the Magic have already shown enough to warrant such a move.

If Orlando decided a lights-out shooter would do the trick, then Kispert could be the preferred target. The 24-year-old would immediately buy this offense more breathing room, and he's young enough to spend a ton of time with this team, especially if Jett Howard, this year's No. 11 pick, doesn't pan out.

Bleacherreport identifies our trade targets, i couldn’t agree more!! 

I‘d spent a fortune to add both Simons and Kispert. 

Simons is the absolute dream target. In all honesty, if we could add him and keep our core, he’d make us contenders down the road. 

Kispert would give us a major boost as well. Opponents as it is can’t keep Franz, Paolo, Markelle out of the paint as it is. If they have to start chasing Kispert, it’s over. 

Great post and I like your targets. I’d add Murray to that list for me. 

I have been on a lot of the Portland websites lately.  Most of their fan base seems to want to build around Sharpe (Junkie!), Scoot, and either Thybulle or Brogdon. They seem to want to sell high on Simons. They all absolutely love Brogdon as a veteran leader. He would make a huge difference for us this year.  Simons would be better long term obviously because of his age. 

I was a little surprised about their opinion of Simons. I’d do a trade centered around Carter Jr and picks for him. I’d do less for Brogdon but man would he solve a lot of problems this year (playmaking and SHOOTING).

Honestly Malcolm Brogdon is pretty interesting on this team. 

He kind of has some of those same availability issues as guys we already have but he's good and he's closer to the ideal guard you'd want to play with Franz/Paolo plus he's got experience which would be nice come playoff time.

And he's not long term money. He'd just be here next season. Then if you like the fit you can extend him next season hopefully at a lower number or trade him at the deadline if one of your young guys has flourished. 

10 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

https://x.com/nicopaezgolf/status/1741611832794861659?s=46

oh boy.. This is concerning imo.. I haven’t seen that hitch on his midrange jumper off the dribble since his Philly days. 

Maybe the injury is not his knee. Or not the main factor. 

But maybe he is fooling around again.. 

Its still very concerning to me

I won’t play him with that kind of jumper. He was money on midrange before he went down again. 
now with that form, looks like he’s back to his old philly self

16 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Great post and I like your targets. I’d add Murray to that list for me. 

I have been on a lot of the Portland websites lately.  Most of their fan base seems to want to build around Sharpe (Junkie!), Scoot, and either Thybulle or Brogdon. They seem to want to sell high on Simons. They all absolutely love Brogdon as a veteran leader. He would make a huge difference for us this year.  Simons would be better long term obviously because of his age. 

I was a little surprised about their opinion of Simons. I’d do a trade centered around Carter Jr and picks for him. I’d do less for Brogdon but man would he solve a lot of problems this year (playmaking and SHOOTING).

I like those trade targets, but those was copied from an article of bleacherreport.

But those are the targets i think we all agree on. 

I’m kind of surprised too on their opinion of Simons. I don’t think there are players that interest them too much on our roster. We obviously aren’t giving away Paolo or Franz. I wouldn’t trade Suggs either. 
They have Ayton and Robert Williams now. I don’t think they are interested in WCJ at all now. 

So we’d only can offer them Harris as a vet and a bunch of picks. But honestly i think their franchise aren’t thinking about trading Simons. That would be terrible for them. He’s on a great contract too

11 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Honestly Malcolm Brogdon is pretty interesting on this team. 

He kind of has some of those same availability issues as guys we already have but he's good and he's closer to the ideal guard you'd want to play with Franz/Paolo plus he's got experience which would be nice come playoff time.

And he's not long term money. He'd just be here next season. Then if you like the fit you can extend him next season hopefully at a lower number or trade him at the deadline if one of your young guys has flourished. 

I think as far as what it would cost he is the ideal player. We could always give him a big one or two year deal this summer if it really works out. I just wouldn’t give him a long contract. What do you think you’d be willing to give up for him CT?

49 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

I think as far as what it would cost he is the ideal player. We could always give him a big one or two year deal this summer if it really works out. I just wouldn’t give him a long contract. What do you think you’d be willing to give up for him CT?

Probably just matching salary (Fultz + Chuma) and our 2024 first round pick. Doesn't sound like a great offer but I don't know how many other teams can offer 22m in expiring salary, that might be more enticing than an extra second round pick or something. Plus most other teams will probably be contenders offering like 2030 picks, whereas I'd offer the 2024 first. Maybe that's worse or maybe it's better. Depends how Portland feels I guess.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Probably just matching salary (Fultz + Chuma) and our 2024 first round pick. Doesn't sound like a great offer but I don't know how many other teams can offer 22m in expiring salary, that might be more enticing than an extra second round pick or something. Plus most other teams will probably be contenders offering like 2030 picks, whereas I'd offer the 2024 first. Maybe that's worse or maybe it's better. Depends how Portland feels I guess.

That sound like a reasonable price for Brogdon. I’d do that and I think Portland would also. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Given his Injury history, I’d rather give up the Denver first, which might be enough. I agree that he’d fit perfectly in Orlando.