Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

OG Anunoby to the Knicks for Quickley, Barrett and picks. Seems like losing to us stirred something in the New York front office lol.

Wow that’s a crazy trade.. Seems like a desperate move. They have been reluctant to trade RJ for a while now. Didn’t want to include him in Mitchell, Mikal Bridges trade and now they do it for a possible rental? 

With all these taxes out in New York, they gonna need to offer OG near max money. 

I like him on their team though.. 

For the Raptors, that’s a nice trade. Now they gonna move Siakam, probably to a desperate Detroit team and their rebuild is well on track

Or they want them Canada boys together and make a trade with the Warriors that include Wiggins, Kuminga

Hawks seem interested in Siakam as well. Could involve Murray, Hunter.. 

Raptors out there cashing in. 

I also expect them to trade Trent Jr. Will be interesting to see if we are interested in him

43 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

Wow that’s a crazy trade.. Seems like a desperate move. They have been reluctant to trade RJ for a while now. Didn’t want to include him in Mitchell, Mikal Bridges trade and now they do it for a possible rental? 

With all these taxes out in New York, they gonna need to offer OG near max money. 

I like him on their team though.. 

For the Raptors, that’s a nice trade. Now they gonna move Siakam, probably to a desperate Detroit team and their rebuild is well on track

Or they want them Canada boys together and make a trade with the Warriors that include Wiggins, Kuminga

Hawks seem interested in Siakam as well. Could involve Murray, Hunter.. 

Raptors out there cashing in. 

I also expect them to trade Trent Jr. Will be interesting to see if we are interested in him

I think I feel the exact opposite about this trade lol. OG may not be a star but he is ascending and is better than anyone they could spend their money on in free agency, as well as the best player in the deal. Quickley is a nice player and idk what Barrett is but this doesn’t move the needle for Toronto in the short or long term for me

1 hour ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I think I feel the exact opposite about this trade lol. OG may not be a star but he is ascending and is better than anyone they could spend their money on in free agency, as well as the best player in the deal. Quickley is a nice player and idk what Barrett is but this doesn’t move the needle for Toronto in the short or long term for me

Pelton gave New York an A- and Toronto a C. Considering what Memphis offered for OG last Year it seems like a disappointment to me. 

38 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Schroeder is a very underrated player. Also he knows the Wagner brothers very well, playing for the German team. Seems like a no brainer if possible. 

Building the German National Team would be interesting. He has been regulated to the bench lately. Probably wouldn’t cost much at all. You are right about the shooting need though and he doesn’t address that much. I still think one of Portland’s Gaurds would be a better fit.  Brogdon would instantly help us.  Unless we want to go after a star like Mitchel or Murray. 

6 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Schroeder is a very underrated player. Also he knows the Wagner brothers very well, playing for the German team. Seems like a no brainer if possible. 

i wouldn’t mind.. Schröders personality has changed and he’s become a willing veteran. That said, he’d need to be running the offense for the second unit and also coaching need to embrace him being a facilitator. I’m not sure he could do that. 

His best games and he had a lot as the main player for german national team, where when he was asked to be a scorer. 

He can honestly do both though. I wouldn’t be mad, but i don’t believe that’s the move, that moves the needle for us. 

Quickley is underrated in that trade. He could end up being the best player out of that trade. Quickley always reminded me of his Teammate Maxey. 

He has a chance to explode. Thibs didn’t use him properly. He’s gonna run the offense in Toronto and he will produce!

1. Anfernee Simons, Portland Trail Blazers

2. Bogdan Bogdanović, Atlanta Hawks

3. Corey Kispert, Washington Wizards

Orlando's defense is ferocious, but the offense could hold this club back if not bolstered between now and the deadline. The Magic are woefully short on shooters, and they don't have enough players who can create something out of nothing.

Both Simons and Bogdanović could help with that. The former could cost a fortune, but he might be worth the investment given his chance to grow alongside Paolo Banchero and Franz Wagner. Bogdanović has already pushed past his 31st birthday, so he'd be more of a win-right-now addition, but you could argue the Magic have already shown enough to warrant such a move.

If Orlando decided a lights-out shooter would do the trick, then Kispert could be the preferred target. The 24-year-old would immediately buy this offense more breathing room, and he's young enough to spend a ton of time with this team, especially if Jett Howard, this year's No. 11 pick, doesn't pan out.

Bleacherreport identifies our trade targets, i couldn’t agree more!! 

I‘d spent a fortune to add both Simons and Kispert. 

Simons is the absolute dream target. In all honesty, if we could add him and keep our core, he’d make us contenders down the road. 

Kispert would give us a major boost as well. Opponents as it is can’t keep Franz, Paolo, Markelle out of the paint as it is. If they have to start chasing Kispert, it’s over. 

• Upvote 2

absolute dream roster:

PG: Fultz, AB,

SG: Simons, Suggs, Howard

SF: Franz, Kispert, 
PF: Banchero, Isaac, 
C: WCJ, M. Wagner

aint happening though.. I’d give up 4 1st round picks for this to happen

Regarding the names recently made here and in the other topic:

- Schroder, I don't dislike him, would fullfill a role that is sorely needed, but it's basically another subpar shooter, and I'm not sure it's the right fit at PG.

- Hayward, always liked him, smart guys are always a plus,  but seem to be in a decreasing spyral, that bad injury really ruined his career.

- Don't know enough Kispert to judge, but like Hayward, does we really need more wings now that Suggs is starting to find his way?

- If so, my option was Bogdanović (even before Orlandoholic post :P) if the Hawks are going to retool the roster. I believe he would be a great, great fit for us, but the problem here is again availability. How many games he missed every season? Too much for me.