Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Don't know if i shared this already but it's a EXCELLENT watch.

We have a future hall of fame coach in Mose... He is class

My favourite part about this is they try multiple times to get him to beat his chest and talk about himself and how good of a job he's doing and he just won't be drawn on it. It's always the analytics team, the front office, the assistant coaches, the players, etc. He's a real one. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

My favourite part about this is they try multiple times to get him to beat his chest and talk about himself and how good of a job he's doing and he just won't be drawn on it. It's always the analytics team, the front office, the assistant coaches, the players, etc. He's a real one. 

facts!!!!

45 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Magic on around the horn loool 

Justin Tinsley said it......contenders are active during the trade deadline.......finally we are in this conversation........we can expect something. 

DeMar DeRozan anybody? In his last year of his contract....for Markelle (also in his his last year) Chuma and a pick.

13 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

What about throw in Chuma Okeke and Caleb Houstan.

Chuma's salary is $5.266.713 and Houstan's salary is $2 mil.

Anyway, we're loaded at the guard position.

Houstan's is Chuma's replacement IMO. Trade Chuma but keep Houstan.

14 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Justin Tinsley said it......contenders are active during the trade deadline.......finally we are in this conversation........we can expect something. 

DeMar DeRozan anybody? In his last year of his contract....for Markelle (also in his his last year) Chuma and a pick.

We shouldn't expect anything. If I was Jeff Weltman I'd be incredibly hesitant to break this group up right now for marginal gains. Vibes this good are hard to find and they can't be manufactured so why risk it?

Also hard pass on Demar. The very last thing this team needs is a 34 year old high usage player who's sub 30% from 3 for his career. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

We shouldn't expect anything. If I was Jeff Weltman I'd be incredibly hesitant to break this group up right now for marginal gains. Vibes this good are hard to find and they can't be manufactured so why risk it?

Also hard pass on Demar. The very last thing this team needs is a 34 year old high usage player who's sub 30% from 3 for his career. 

The only thing I could see us doing is trade for a Jrue type of player (not Jrue himself) to run our point guard position if Fultz continues to be hurt. The guy would have to be a rock solid, selfless, team player who is a great shooter. Someone like a Derrick White or better yet a Billups type. That kind of stability and dude would move the needle. 

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

The only thing I could see us doing is trade for a Jrue type of player (not Jrue himself) to run our point guard position if Fultz continues to be hurt. The guy would have to be a rock solid, selfless, team player who is a great shooter. Someone like a Derrick White or better yet a Billups type. That kind of stability and dude would move the needle. 

I can't see that guy out there really.

I think you just kind of hope Anthony Black becomes this player in year 2 and beyond (except replace "great shooter" with "good catch and shoot guy" as that's more realistic)

I don’t see a major trade on the horizon.. Weltman said he wanted to play this team and see what they got. He wants to see how this team performs together. 
We are doing a lot better than expected. So no, we keeping this team together..

Only minor changes or we get a big opportunity to improve.. I could see us asking for OG Anonuby. We’d have G. Harris, Ingles, Okeke, maybe Jett Howard and picks to offer.. 

Every other players i consider centerpieces of this team. Even Houstan.