Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Summer League Watch Thread

11 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Says the guy who is constantly calling out Magic management lol …yeah Sharpe is my guy …but I’m also a Magic fan …I can do both and I plan too …I keep saying long way to go 

Yes, yes I do. But I also acknowledge that Paolo was the right pick, even though I liked Jabari. And have not said anything about Jabari since we didn’t pick him. Cept maybe draft night. Lol. With that said. You be you. Bro. 

17 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Yes, yes I do. But I also acknowledge that Paolo was the right pick, even though I liked Jabari. And have not said anything about Jabari since we didn’t pick him. Cept maybe draft night. Lol. With that said. You be you. Bro. 

On draft night I thought he was too …but it’s too soon to say that definitively …at least for me …Chet has mucho talent …and a better 3 point shot …gotta let it play out .

I will tell you that Sharpe the last 10 games of the regular season when he was given the keys to the car like Banchero had all season …his stats were better than Paolo …they think knowing what we saw in hindsight if there was a draft redo Shaedon would go one .

I know Vecenie was big on Sharpe being the perfect fit for Orlando 

Edit: they meaning Portland fans 

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, ball junkie said:

https://www.on3.com/news/espn-expert-reveals-post-lottery-2022-nba-mock-draft-auburn-duke-kansas-kentucky-ohio-state-michigan/
I never saw any writer claim he was the best …most all the sites had the big 3 fairly even and then everybody else …since they were fairly even he had the top 3 teams picking on fit …which was why Jabari was earmarked for us …cause he can shoot the 3 and Banchero was not adept at that in college and was worse in the pros …and well, we still suck at shooting threes after his first year 

It started to change back to Paolo when he put one of Coach K weakest teams on his back, and led them to the Final Four. Something your boy Chet don't know about.

Also, Rafael Barlowe had Paolo #1 on his board for the longest.

14 minutes ago, Shine88 said:

It started to change back to Paolo when he put one of Coach K weakest teams on his back, and led them to the Final Four. Something your boy Chet don't know about.

Also, Rafael Barlowe had Paolo #1 on his board for the longest.

To be clear Sharpe is my guy …you can read my other posts for my position on Chet …cool about Barlowe …

If Paolo was a 6'6 SG who committed to (but never played for) Kentucky and averaged less than 10ppg on a team that won less games than the Magic I somehow don't feel like we'd be having a conversation about "should we have drafted Chet Holmgren" brought up by the guy who spent an entire draft cycle burying him at every opportunity.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Brandon Miller hasn't really been good in summer league so far. Had a 6 point, 4 turnover 8 foul game last night. 

i’m not too worried.. Summer League is a wild game. It’s not Millers game. He’s a 2no or 3rd option. He’s playing alongside purely scorers. CHA got Nick Smith, Bouknight, McGowens and Bailey handling the ball.. Zero playmaking on the court.

I only liked Miller for us because he’s a great shooter and we already have playmakers handling the ball.

Miller will be fine playing alongside Lamelo and also Clifford drawing up plays. 

Franz had a similar bad summer league for us. Basically same reasons

Keegan Murray is a summer league legend. Dude is a great scorer!! He’s one of those guys worth trading for and he’s explode if given a bigger role. 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

If Paolo was a 6'6 SG who committed to (but never played for) Kentucky and averaged less than 10ppg on a team that won less games than the Magic I somehow don't feel like we'd be having a conversation about "should we have drafted Chet Holmgren" brought up by the guy who spent an entire draft cycle burying him at every opportunity.

I hope one day I can love someone the way my man loves Kentucky haha

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Says the guy who spent an entire draft cycle pumping up and defending Chet lol …you were so on him and convinced the Magic were gonna take him I actually felt sorry for you when they didn’t .

Thought you were done responding to me but I guess you couldn’t resist .

By the way, how many lottery players do we currently have on our roster ? 

Long way to go bro …it’s not like the Magic are incapable of making a wrong decision.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The reality is that it will take a few more years to definitively have a clear reading on where the players from last years draft rank against each other.  The same is true almost every year, with a few rare exceptions.  

• Upvote 1