Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Summer League Watch Thread

8 hours ago, JJZFL said:

You mean last 5-6 seasons 

I've been gentle cause I actually love his optimism and passion, even if I'm not able to blindly share it. :D

3 hours ago, Shine88 said:

Good for him. Would've loved for him to been on our SL squad. 

smart move by him.. We’ve got Harris and probably Schoefield locked in as Two Ways! Those are two premier two way players imo.. I just hope we can sign a two way center. And he’ll no, not Sotto. His lack of motor makes Bol Bol look like prime Marcus Smart

1. The Magic had one of my least favorite drafts from a philosophical perspective, given their roster. In my opinion, they should be doing everything they can to build around Paolo Banchero and Franz Wagner as big creators. The team’s future should lie in putting the ball in their hands as often as possible and surrounding them with floor-spacing given how good both are as drivers and passers. But selecting Anthony Black at No. 6 doesn’t really accentuate that as a strategy, as Black is a non-shooter right now. I love Black as a player because of his elite feel for the game, and he showcased why in a standout second-half performance in the Magic’s first game against Detroit that one NBA scout told me was his favorite of the first three days of summer league. But, in total, the flaws of drafting him to play next to Banchero and Wagner were on display. He didn’t look comfortable shooting, only attempting six 3s in 85 minutes. Plus, he had only a one-to-one assist-to-turnover ratio and wasn’t as dynamic on the ball as you’d hope for as a non-shooter. I love Black’s defense and passing, but I remain unconvinced that building around him as the point guard next to Banchero and Wagner is the right call.
    https://theathletic.com/4695223/2023/07/21/nba-summer-league-takeaways-vecenie/

Free article at least was for me …just posted today …Sam Vecenie

• Like 1