CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Free Agency Thread

3 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

Looks like we just guaranteed Fultz, Harris and maybe Bol? (the reporting on him is vague)

Does this mean anything? Are they keepers for the season? Or did we just guarantee so that we can trade?

Think it means we’re more than likely just running it back with some new rooks. No surprise on keeping GH or Kelle, even if they weren’t long term pieces letting them go would be bad asset management. Bol I’m indifferent on. If we can convince a GM he’s got Wemby or Holmgren potential we could get more value for him than he actually brings to the squad

8 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Just Fultz and Gary Harris from what I can see.

This is the beginning of the article.  States all 3... then ignores Bol    thats why I am confused:

According to Jason Beede of The Orlando Sentinel, the Magic is fully guaranteeing the contracts for Markelle Fultz, Gary Harris and Bol Bol.

Fultz had a partial guarantee of $2 million, but will now make $17 million for the upcoming season. Meanwhile, Harris had no money guaranteed, but now the Magic has kept them on board for the upcoming season.

15 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

This is the beginning of the article.  States all 3... then ignores Bol    thats why I am confused:

According to Jason Beede of The Orlando Sentinel, the Magic is fully guaranteeing the contracts for Markelle Fultz, Gary Harris and Bol Bol.

Fultz had a partial guarantee of $2 million, but will now make $17 million for the upcoming season. Meanwhile, Harris had no money guaranteed, but now the Magic has kept them on board for the upcoming season.

The Jason Beede tweet only mentions Fultz and Harris. Have to see if any further information comes out on Bol. 

21 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

The fact that there's no word on Bol but word on the other two feels like writing on the wall. 

Yeah, I doubt we’d stagger option announcements. Don’t hate it. Also, means Isaac probably isn’t getting waived