Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Draft Day Thread

6 minutes ago, matthi32 said:

Or trade him to the Spurs for Devin Vassell

This is what I'm hoping the "Bilal at 6" stuff is actually about. Vassell for 6 and Chuma or something to match salaries would be incredible. 

EDIT: Saying that Vassell just had knee surgery... That's kind of scary given our health issues. 

9 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Called this 3 days ago. Magic are going for him at #6. Book it. 

I hope so. Either him or Ausar if available, but I have a slight preference for Bilal even then. I don't love the fit of Whitmore or Black for this team but would accept one of them if that's the direction the team goes. Then, fill a need with Hendricks, Dick, Hawkins, or Lively at 11.

Just now, DestroidMengars said:

I hope so. Either him or Ausar if available, but I have a slight preference for Bilal even then. I don't love the fit of Whitmore or Black for this team but would accept one of them if that's the direction the team goes. Then, fill a need with Hendricks, Dick, Hawkins, or Lively at 11.

Why do you think Bilal is a better fit than Whitmore? 

Honestly, I think this Bilal stuff is people looking at our front office, saying "those guys drafted Giannis" and putting 2 and 2 together. 

EDIT: but this may just be cope and if we draft him he's obviously the next Mikal Bridges.

15 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Why do you think Bilal is a better fit than Whitmore? 

I just see Whitmore as a bowling ball playing bully ball and he's a black hole that never passes the ball; he'd likely clog the paint playing next to Paolo. Coulibaly seems to be a more balanced prospect, in the Bufkin sense of being pretty decent at a lot of things while not particularly excelling at any one. I can see Bilal as more likely to develop into someone who can start at shooting guard down the road and feel like he's more likely to develop a three ball and become a floor spacer.

i’d be quite shocked if we didn’t draft Ausar or Cam at 6. Those are the two that won’t be available at 11 and also have star potential. And we have roles for them on this roster.. 

At 11 you can really go for fit, if there is no high upside player available. If Bilal gets to 11 we have to make yet another swing. He has just so much upside. Heck who knows, this guy has grown freakishly. Maybe he’ll grow even more. 

That’s kind of a dream scenario if you ask me. 

The defense of this team would be insane. 

I have another suggestion. Smaller trade but we get a player who fits. 
Washington is doing a fire sale. I’d love to trade them Okeke or Bol Bol and 2nd round picks for Gafford. I love the energy and defense he brings to the table. Locked in at a great price for 4 years as well.

He could be our modern day Gortat…

1 minute ago, DestroidMengars said:

I just see Whitmore as a bowling ball playing bully ball and he's a black hole that never passes the ball; he'd likely clog the paint playing next to Paolo. Coulibaly seems to be a more balanced prospect, in the Bufkin sense of being pretty decent at a lot of things while not particularly excelling at any one. I can see Bilal as more likely to develop into someone who can start at shooting guard down the road and feel like he's more likely to develop a three ball and become a floor spacer.

that’s a good concern but that won’t be his role here.. He’d be asked to do AG (Denver Edition) stuff on the court. Work hard, be an athletic freak, be a lob threat, cut threat and make reads. We have Fultz, Banchero, Wagner handling the majority of the ball. 

Same scenario for Ausar. I just want Ausar more because he’s a better defender and is basically more used to playing off ball 

Whitmore played a lot of ball with USA basketball and he was tremendous. 

16 minutes ago, DestroidMengars said:

I just don't really see this with Bilal, I don't think he's actually that good at any one aspect except defense at the moment.

I think Cam is a better shooting prospect. 

Don't get me wrong if he's the guy I'll never be so happy to eat my words. 

13 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I just don't really see this with Bilal, I don't think he's actually that good at any one aspect except defense at the moment.

I think Cam is a better shooting prospect. 

Don't get me wrong if he's the guy I'll never be so happy to eat my words. 

that’s why i’d never consider Bilal at 6. Just like i would have never drafted Giannis at 6. It’s just too much gamble, too much has to happen. 

As of right now, Bilals skill is driving to the lane with limited handles and defense. He is solid off ball too. 

People, and me too, have fallen in love with his quick progress. He really popped off in the playoffs. But was that just a streak like Bol Bol had? 

So yeah at 11 i’d swing if he’s there, but i also wouldn’t be mad if we’d play it safe and drafted another player. I still think Hendricks could eventually make it to 11

Warriors are sending Jordan Poole, a protected first-round pick in 2030 and a second-rounder in 2027 to the Wizards for Chris Paul, league sources said.

Good, maybe that will kill all the Poole to Orlando posts on other sites.