Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Draft Day Thread

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

I’m not excited by this draft but not depressed either.  Basic reaction is “meh”.  Will have to see how it plays out, which will take another 10 months at a minimum. 

Some of the hype does seem over the top, though.  Almost like people trying to convince themselves we had a great draft.  

i mean what do you expect.. There wasn’t players available with super high ceiling.. Ausar was supposed to be the pick and Detroit picked him. 

Most upside was Cam, but there seemed to be a big issue. 

Black has the most upside of the rest of that group. I mean his only knock is shooting. He can do everything else. I think you don’t seem to see how rare that is! 
I was a big fan of Walker. Wouldn’t have been mad with that pick. But i always declared him as a high level bench player and security blanket for Isaac. 

I also liked Dick. Seems like people wanted him badly. But at 6? That would have been a reach. 

Now the Howard pick is tricky. I loved him early in the season and thought he’d go Top 5.. He was an elite scorer. The dude hurt his stock a lot by playing hurt. Most would have shut down. He seems like a great competitor. 

I have my doubts, but i see why we’d pick him over Dick. 

I really happy with this draft. 

Now let’s see how we finish this roster. I could see us being involved in a trade. Cole, Harris, Okeke, Bol Bol could be included in a package for a starting caliber player. Let’s see.

Then we need to add a backup center for sure. Let’s get Gafford already. 

1 minute ago, orlandoholic said:

i mean what do you expect.. There wasn’t players available with super high ceiling.. Ausar was supposed to be the pick and Detroit picked him. 

Black has the most upside of the rest of that group. I mean his only knock is shooting. He can do everything else. I think you don’t seem to see how rare that is! 
I was a big fan of Walker. Wouldn’t have been mad with that pick. But i always declared him as a high level bench player and security blanket for Isaac. 

I also liked Dick. Seems like people wanted him badly. But at 6? That would have been a reach. 

Now the Howard pick is tricky. I loved him early in the season and thought he’d go Top 5.. He was an elite scorer. The dude hurt his stock a lot by playing hurt. Most would have shut down. He seems like a great competitor. 

Now let’s see how we finish this roster. I could see us being involved in a trade. Cole, Harris, Okeke, Bol Bol could be included in a package for a starting caliber player. Let’s see.

I want Naz Reid

2 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

Howard reminds me a little of Okeke.  Supposedly elite talent derailed by an injury, but just wait until he recovers.  Well, with Okeke we’re still waiting.  No two players are exactly alike and this comparison hopefully will turn out to be wrong, but I’m a little tired of projects.  

45 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

I’ll also add …I don’t think there were any questions with Elfrid about athleticism …there are with Black …see previous page 

This is the same nonsense that kept Fans and GMs from seeing Doncic as the clear Nr. 1 pick, which was absurd to me. I have had never seen a teenager dominating european basketball like Doncic did, yet mostly americans questioned if he’d be able to play in the NBA. lol.

Jokic ain’t athletic at all. Yet dominating the league.

High Bball iq beats athleticism in my book.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JJZFL said:

Howard reminds me a little of Okeke.  Supposedly elite talent derailed by an injury, but just wait until he recovers.  Well, with Okeke we’re still waiting.  No two players are exactly alike and this comparison hopefully will turn out to be wrong, but I’m a little tired of projects.  

just that Okeke was never a scorer and had a bad knee injury, which is very different than somebody who showed and proofed to be a three level scorer but played on a bad rolled ankle 

3 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

This is the same nonsense that kept Fans and GMs from seeing Doncic as the clear Nr. 1 pick, which was absurd to me. I have had never seen a teenager dominating european basketball like Doncic did, yet mostly americans questioned if he’d be able to play in the NBA. lol.

Jokic ain’t athletic at all. Yet dominating the league.

High Bball iq beats athleticism in my book.

AB  has very good athleticism also...

46 minutes ago, J Roc Baby said:

I'm really "meh" about what we did. The Magic really needed to move into the top 3. I know they won the lottery 2 years ago but their luck is otherwise disastrous save for a once in a lifetime upset back in 1993

it takes two to tango.. Of course Portland was going to keep that pick as they now have a great trade package to possibly land a superstar.

Stop the whining. It’s all easy on paper. That ain’t reality though

• Like 1