Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Draft Day Thread

8 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Penny Hardaway - PG - 6’7” 195 lbs 

Anthony Black - PG - 6’7” 198 lbs

Just sayin! hahaha

I’m actually warming up to the Ant pick quite a bit. The Jett one still confuses me.

I would be jumping for joy if I saw the passing that Penny had. I’m not seeing with Black. At least in any of the clips I’ve seen.

I will say …we all saw what this team looked like without Markelle…clearly there was a need for a backup PG

Edit …not sure what that means for Cole and Suggs though 

• Like 1

6. Orlando Magic - Anthony Black, G, Arkansasa

Grade: B

Black is a huge 6’7 point guard with a strong lower body who offers immense defensive versatility. He isn’t yet a great shooter after hitting only 30 percent of his threes and 70 percent of his free throws during his one year at Arkansas. I’m skeptical he has enough juice off the dribble to truly be a lead guard. Orlando really needs to add some shooting now with Black joining Paolo Banchero and Franz Wagner. A spacing crunch will be facing Orlando unless their core pieces all improve their jump shots. Either way, Black’s connective passing and switchable defense makes him the type of player every team needs in the playoffs

From SBNation

23 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Just sayin! hahaha

I’m actually warming up to the Ant pick quite a bit. The Jett one still confuses me.

Jett is gonna be a absolute problem just wait. Weltham have nailed this i feel

6 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

I will say …we all saw what this team looked like without Markelle…clearly there was a need for a backup PG

Edit …not sure what that means for Cole and Suggs though 

We’ve been saying Cole is a sixth man/shooting guard in a point guard body. I still have hope for Suggs as a combo guard. I can see a role for Ant Black, especially if he can play some point/small forward.

Just now, jmmagicfan said:

We’ve been saying Cole is a sixth man/shooting guard in a point guard body. I still have hope for Suggs as a combo guard. I can see a role for Ant Black, especially if he can play some point/small forward.

Agree …I love that role for Cole but I keep seeing guys here posting he wants to start …and Suggs hustles his ass off …I think it’s too soon to give up on them …not saying Weltham is doing that though 

29 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Just sayin! hahaha

25 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

6. Orlando Magic - Anthony Black, G, Arkansasa

Grade: B

Black is a huge 6’7 point guard with a strong lower body who offers immense defensive versatility. He isn’t yet a great shooter after hitting only 30 percent of his threes and 70 percent of his free throws during his one year at Arkansas. I’m skeptical he has enough juice off the dribble to truly be a lead guard. Orlando really needs to add some shooting now with Black joining Paolo Banchero and Franz Wagner. A spacing crunch will be facing Orlando unless their core pieces all improve their jump shots. Either way, Black’s connective passing and switchable defense makes him the type of player every team needs in the playoffs

From SBNation

Yeah this is my feelings as well. I just don’t see a lead pg with him.

I have to wonder if we would have gone with one of the Thompson twins should they have dropped. Whitmore dropping was the biggest hit to us as I believe we would have taken one of them over Ant Black. It felt like there was a clear top 5, similar to 2019 when we got Mo Bamba and the top 5 had JJJ, Luka; and Trae. 

I'm hoping that tier distinction is wrong.