Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Draft Day Thread

How all the talk is about Black and not the L that is passing on this guy at 11: 

Is shameful lol

(This is 100% sarcasm btw I'm already all in on Jett but this video is too funny not to share)

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

How all the talk is about Black and not the L that is passing on this guy at 11: 

Is shameful lol

(This is 100% sarcasm btw I'm already all in on Jett but this video is too funny not to share)

lol, i didn’t know Dahmer was funny like that

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Which games?

EDIT: I actually just want to clarify what I mean because I've thought about this and maybe "playmaker" is misleading and I don't want to misconstrue what I think AB is. Black isn't an elite "shot creator" he's not a Luka or a LeBron, he's not generating loads of open looks for his teammates against a set defense by bending a defense with his offensive gravity. If that's what you mean by "playmaker" then no he's not that and it's considerably unlikely he'll ever be that.

But he does have elite vision, BBIQ and he's a great passer. There's a difference there that I feel needs highlighting.

A lot of them. I tried to find something  with him man.

Two things popped out at me before all the data and the draft came. Getting to the basket and defense. I saw some good passes here and there but not this shifty Jason Kidd throwing  no look passes all over the place racking 15+ assists type of playmaking. I just saw good passes that were pretty simple but effective. Nothing elite. Not off the bounce or creating looks for others on that scale. Not even on Josh Giddy’s scale.

Slashing and defense. That’s what stood out.

Now what two players on our roster could you describe in that same way? 

I won’t even get started on Jett. That pick disgusts me.

1 hour ago, Jon said:

A lot of them. I tried to find something  with him man.

Two things popped out at me before all the data and the draft came. Getting to the basket and defense. I saw some good passes here and there but not this shifty Jason Kidd throwing  no look passes all over the place racking 15+ assists type of playmaking. I just saw good passes that were pretty simple but effective. Nothing elite. Not off the bounce or creating looks for others on that scale. Not even on Josh Giddy’s scale.

Slashing and defense. That’s what stood out.

Now what two players on our roster could you describe in that same way? 

I won’t even get started on Jett. That pick disgusts me.

What did you think to ABs context at Arkansas this year? 

And not to start a disagreement on the other pick now also lol but the argument for Jett is simply: 

His defense and athleticism is better than he could show this year with injuries. 

He's a much better creator off the dribble than either of Gradey Dick or Jordan Hawkins whilst being a comparable 3 point shooter. 

But I get why people would be lower on that pick, it wouldn't have been what I'd have done and I was super high on Jett at the beginning of the year. We can't possibly know about the injury stuff until we see it with our eyes and he looked rough on defense at the back end of the year. 

Great picks by the Magic's FO......they have a great process to get it done. It will be tested in the years to come as it is highly unlikely we'll be a lottery team anytime soon.

What reason do we have not to trade down to draft Jett?

FO wanted him to be a lottery pick or were not able to find a team to partner with?

30 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Great picks by the Magic's FO......they have a great process to get it done. It will be tested in the years to come as it is highly unlikely we'll be a lottery team anytime soon.

What reason do we have not to trade down to draft Jett?

FO wanted him to be a lottery pick or were not able to find a team to partner with?

It’s hard to be 100% sure you can draft the guy when trading back. Gotta hope the guy you really want is still there and be good with the guy you draft if he isn’t. 

After seeing those tiktocs is easy to see why we passed on Dick. Jett’s upside is also much higher. 

Just seen we've added Tyger Campbell and Dexter Dennis to our Summer League team. 

Poor AB won't even have the best hair on the summer league team now with Tyger around. 

Not convinced either of those guys is a threat for a 2 way. Dennis was an awesome defensive player in college but don't think he'll offer enough on offense in the NBA. Campbell is 5'11 and not an elite jump shooter, but he'll be a safe pair of hands at PG for summer league. 

On 6/22/2023 at 3:09 PM, CTMagicUK said:

I'll be shocked and have reservations if we pick Bilal at 6. 

I don't think Bilal is the 6th best prospect in this draft. I don't even think he's top 10.

YOU nailed Ant with the 6th, 100% !!!!!!!!!!   Good job. Great pick from everything that is coming out about him.