Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

10 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I had thought Weltman would have his history with Milwaukee included, but I guess Hammond was technically the decision maker then. 

With that being said, I think it's unfair to call Jalen Suggs a "strikeout" of a pick at this point in his career. But everything else I agree with. I do love the fact that we've had 3 triples (3B) with Wagner and Paolo as well as the Vuc trade. I can see Paolo turning into a HR next year. Either way, 21st seems good for him. He's consistent but never taken any chances with trades or otherwise. 

18 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

I had thought Weltman would have his history with Milwaukee included, but I guess Hammond was technically the decision maker then. 

With that being said, I think it's unfair to call Jalen Suggs a "strikeout" of a pick at this point in his career. But everything else I agree with. I do love the fact that we've had 3 triples (3B) with Wagner and Paolo as well as the Vuc trade. I can see Paolo turning into a HR next year. Either way, 21st seems good for him. He's consistent but never taken any chances with trades or otherwise. 

Crazy ranking.. context matters imo. This FO tried to see what they were given and played through Fournier, AG and Vucevic era. They then saw that this wouldn’t go anywhere and then decided to build from the ground up.

After that this team has been built through the draft. 

I give them a B- (but they are top 5 for sure in that category) Houston hasn’t built anything better. Sure they look individually talented. But let’s see if they can put these characters together. 

I would have given Weltman a better grade but some selection were a reach and the lack of 2nd round drafting.

2019 - I still don’t understand the Okeke pick. Keldon Johnson was my guy, but he kinda fell like Whitmore

2020 - drafted C. Anthony. Liked the pick. Loved the pick. I had C. Anthony and T. Maxey on my board the way the draft went.

2021- Suggs was the clear pick. People arguing against this or saying it was a bad pick by Weltman are being hypocrites. 

They absolutely hit on Franz Wagner! absolutely! He wasn’t a lock to go there and even i was disappointed at first. (Kinda like AB this year) So that draft pick was absolutely nailed. 

I had Zaire Williams before Franz and most Magic fans i know wanted Bouknight or Moody (kinda like they are screaming for G. Dick now)

2022- they absolutely hit on Banchero! Absolutely. Most Fans wanted J. Smith. Including me. 

2023 - AB and Howard. Remains to be seen.

AB is absolutely the right pick imo. Howard i dunno. We will see. I would have drafted Whitmore instead.

So Weltman team vs Fans (my team). How about we compare this on this board. 2019 draft (when they went into rebuild mode)  till now. 

Weltmans team:

PG: C. Anthony, AB

SG: Suggs, Howard

SF: F. Wagner, C. Houstan

PF: Banchero, Okeke

C: 

Orlandoholics team:

PG: Anthony, 

SG: Suggs, Ayo Dosunmu (2nd)

SF: Z. Williams, Whitmore

PF: K. Johnson, J. Smith, Ja. Walker, GG Jackson (2nd)

C: K. Koloko (2nd) 

with all due respect. Weltmans team kicks my teams a**. 

I love my second round picks though

oh and btw. Germany winning against Slovenia without F. Wagner. 
Imo we need to get Coach Herbert (American coach) on our staff! He’s a good offensive mind, great coach and plays a mix of NBA and Fiba tactics. Nice to watch. That would fit Orlando so great

• Like 1

Team USA had a close one to beat Montenegro and now they lost to Lithuania.. 

Main problem, like i identified before the tournament. Team USA lacks real centers. You can overcome that in Fiba Ball with some teams. But some teams are just too much. Lithuania dominated the glass, grabbing 18 offensive boards. Valanciunas and Montejunas and their other big bodies were just too much

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

Team USA had a close one to beat Montenegro and now they lost to Lithuania.. 

Main problem, like i identified before the tournament. Team USA lacks real centers. You can overcome that in Fiba Ball with some teams. But some teams are just too much. Lithuania dominated the glass, grabbing 18 offensive boards. Valanciunas and Montejunas and their other big bodies were just too much

Paolo was playing very timid he wasn’t being aggressive on offense and often looked lost and out of position. Team USA played sloppy in the first half which is why they lost.  

1 hour ago, orlandoholic said:

Main problem, like i identified before the tournament. Team USA lacks real centers.

Don't worry, Italia has no centers either!