Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

3 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Nobody said he was untouchable.

Some of y’all have a really hard time letting go of him. 

1 hour ago, Jon said:

Not good enough to handcuff ourselves to the notion he’s untouchable.

Who's saying he's untouchable? I (for one) repeatedly said I wanted to trade up for Scoot. 

1 hour ago, Jon said:

Guess who had a better offensive and defensive rating than Fultz?

Depends on what stats you consider, as well as the impact on winning. On NBA.com, sure, I see stats saying Cole's ratings were better. Meanwhile, looking at RPM and RPM WINS, Kelle was 30th in the NBA as a PG while Anthony was an awful 63rd and 70th as a PG. (https://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/position/1).

The irony is many of us wanted Brunson way back as a draft pick. Then we wanted him via trade. Then we wanted him via free agency. And now he's a baller. One day we may have a more complete PG who can lead, shoot, create and defend. One day.

9 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Taurean Prince feels vaguely like the type of guy this front office might have interest in, long forward type, can shoot it at a decent level, bit of a glue guy defensively.

He's got 7mil unguaranteed with Timberwolves this coming season but since it's unguaranteed he'll probably be waived so they can make room for the full MLE if he's not included in a trade in the next day or two. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Good for Vuc.

Here we go with the theory he was going to take a paycut and a lesser role back in O-Town! :P

Good for him, but the Bulls just signed for another 3 years of mediocrity. Congrats.

4 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Here we go with the theory he was going to take a paycut and a lesser role back in O-Town! :P

Good for him, but the Bulls just signed for another 3 years of mediocrity. Congrats.

actually it’s a bad move by Chicago. 
They aren’t winning with that core and they resigned Vooch because of ego imo.. 

It doesn’t make sense for them to pay that money for a 3rd/4th option.. 

Thats why i anticipated him being available for 15 mil or so and that i’d be willing to pay a premiere mentor backup center that identifies with this franchise..