Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

5 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Paolo was 6-8 from the line today.  He isn’t as bad as people make him out to be from the line.  Shot 74% on pretty high volume last year.  This isn’t a Shaq or Dwight situation by any stretch.

I've pointed the same during the season. That said, he still needs to improve on everything, and FT obviously too, considering the high volume, the difference between 74% and 85% could be a couple of key wins more in the standings.

11 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I’m happy with his limited minutes. The less wear and tear on his body works for the Magic. 

My thoughts exactly. Time spent working in a different system, concentrating on position and rebounding and defense while playing limited minutes and less risk of injury is a huge win for us.

On 8/28/2023 at 3:33 PM, Shine88 said:

The kid is growing up. Wish Kerr would give him more minutes.

Haliburton has been doing so well from the eye test. Both he and Reeves play so well together. 

Also, Brandon Ingram saying he was going to be the "KD of the group" lol 

Small Update from Franz Wagner. He is still in Boots. They are not saying what it is. But if you ask me it doesn’t look good and imo he should be shut down. There is speculation that he could be available for the game against Slovenia. I think he won’t make it.. So i expect him to play in the quarter finals against probably Spain or Canada. 

9 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

And is Franz in two boots or just one?

Franz is considered day to day and is training a little, didn't play today but wasn't really necessary (weak opposition). Mo is playing great tough.