Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

33 minutes ago, matthi32 said:

Franz Wagner with a ankle injury in game 1 :-(

Hopefully nothing serious!

Doesn’t look good.. I have real fear that these ankle injuries will influence his career. He’s been dealing with constant ankle injuries for two years now. He injured his ankle last year during Eurobasket as well and played through the injury. And we all know he had ankle issues all season for the Magic and always plays through the injury. 

Most people don’t know, but he already injured his ankle during an exhibition game against Greece last week. 

5 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

Doesn’t look good.. I have real fear that these ankle injuries will influence his career. He’s been dealing with constant ankle injuries for two years now. He injured his ankle last year during Eurobasket as well and played through the injury. And we all know he had ankle issues all season for the Magic and always plays through the injury. 

Most people don’t know, but he already injured his ankle during an exhibition game against Greece last week. 

Steph Curry had the same issues his first few years in the league and he was able to overcome it. I think he used a combination of special ankle braces and changed his workout routine to focus on strengthening his legs. Either way Franz should be fine to start the season but he should really consider not playing anymore games for Germany this offseason. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, OnlyFranz said:

Steph Curry had the same issues his first few years in the league and he was able to overcome it. I think he used a combination of special ankle braces and changed his workout routine to focus on strengthening his legs. Either way Franz should be fine to start the season but he should really consider not playing anymore games for Germany this offseason. 

I wasn’t too thrilled that he chose to play for Germany, but he had to. Otherwise he would have been excluded for several years. The german players had to commit to playing last Eurobaskets. It’s a six year plan the players were presented. 
Kleber and Hartenstein didn’t commit and are left out. 

So yeah i now understand why Franz decided to play last year and this year. He’ll be able to play olympics with his brother

But he needed this off season to heal and add to his game in the gym. At least in my opinion 

25 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

I wasn’t too thrilled that he chose to play for Germany, but he had to. Otherwise he would have been excluded for several years. The german players had to commit to playing last Eurobaskets. It’s a six year plan the players were presented. 
Kleber and Hartenstein didn’t commit and are left out. 

So yeah i now understand why Franz decided to play last year and this year. He’ll be able to play olympics with his brother

But he needed this off season to heal and add to his game in the gym. At least in my opinion 

Oh wow I didn’t know the German players had to commit for 6 years that’s a little wild. I agree though I’d rather him work on his game and let his body rest. Apparently last year he was playing with a torn ligament in his shooting hand which is why he kind of got off to a slow start. 

2 hours ago, OnlyFranz said:

Oh wow I didn’t know the German players had to commit for 6 years that’s a little wild. I agree though I’d rather him work on his game and let his body rest. Apparently last year he was playing with a torn ligament in his shooting hand which is why he kind of got off to a slow start. 

my bad. typo..it was said they are forming a team that is committed to team germany before eurobasket 2022.. 

so that’s a 3 year committment .. 

The injury was with a 75-53 advantage for Germany and 5 minutes left. I've pointed the same in the NBA, I'll never understand why coaches doesn't protect their starting lineups when the game is already over. Especially when there're multiple games in a week, as it happens in NBA and World Tournament.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

The injury was with a 75-53 advantage for Germany and 5 minutes left. I've pointed the same in the NBA, I'll never understand why coaches doesn't protect their starting lineups when the game is already over. Especially when there're multiple games in a week, as it happens in NBA and World Tournament.

yes it was stupid.. In Fiba context i truly don’t understand. 

in NBA context, i think that many star players are reluctant to sit those minutes because it hurt their stats. 

13 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Oh my goodness 

13 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

in NBA context, i think that many star players are reluctant to sit those minutes because it hurt their stats. 

I know, but that's stupid as well. Better hurt the stats or a knee?

44 minutes ago, OnlyFranz said:

Paolo’s free throw shooting looking shaky again. He really needs to work on that considering he gets to the line so often. 

You would think that moving his right elbow into a consistent position under the ball would be a basic correction that any good teacher would fix. This is Inexcusable!