Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

4 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Two things i get from this. When  WCJ was healthy and playing well it was probably the single biggest indicator of if we were winning or not.

Second, i never understood why Presti didn't want the pick which became Sengun. I think that pick was traded from OKC.

Yeah, never understood that move by Presti, either. I thought he had OKC written all over him. I think he's one of the most exciting young prospects in the league, and looking forward to his development next season.

8 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

E'twaun Moore... lololololool 

HOW HAVE I NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS??

Hahaha I said the same thing to myself. Maybe he was drafted too early for the relentless internet memes about his name

13 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

That’s the Best thing I’ve heard about PB. Sounds like we got the next Tim Duncan y’all!!!  That’s dope AF

I don't always agree with our management, but one thing they do really well is draft high character guys who are not going to be headaches in the locker room. He much was praised about the posture and humility of Paulo, which goes right in the face of the preconceived notion that young guys who are good early come into the league entitled. 

Paolo's composure is indeed like Tim Duncan, and I can very much live with that type of leader that leads with humble, hard work.  

7 hours ago, Shine88 said:

That national televised number can change though, right? If Paolo comes out like the All-Star champ we believe he can be and the Magic are in contention for the 4th/5th seed, I would hope to expect more televised games... or do these not change at all, no matter whatever hot streak is happening? 

Team USA is fun to watch. They have some real chemistry. Haven’t seen that in a while! Only weak spot is the depth at center.. I knew Brunson would be a FIBA superstar. He’s just crafty and manipulates the defense so well. 

USA plays Germany on sunday.. I don’t think it’s a good test though. Germany plays greece tomorrow and plays USA on a back to back test. They will surely rest players..I hope we get to see Wagner vs Banchero though