Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

According to OMD …they say you can’t spend time trying to develop everybody …so they listed 5 guys we should continue to develop …and 4 we should give up on .

Players we should develop …Banchero duh, Franz duh, WCJ, Cole, Fultz 

Players we should not spend time developing …Chuma, Houston, Goga, Suggs

Surprised to see Suggs name here but the author lists some pretty solid reasons why it might be time to move on from Suggs .

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2023/07/20/orlando-magic-young-players-develop-give/

7 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

According to OMD …they say you can’t spend time trying to develop everybody …so they listed 5 guys we should continue to develop …and 4 we should give up on .

Players we should develop …Banchero duh, Franz duh, WCJ, Cole, Fultz 

Players we should not spend time developing …Chuma, Houston, Goga, Suggs

Surprised to see Suggs name here but the author lists some pretty solid reasons why it might be time to move on from Suggs .

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2023/07/20/orlando-magic-young-players-develop-give/

Good old Phillip and his opinion 

You definitely do not give up on Suggs yet. Thats asinine behaviour 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Good old Phillip and his opinion 

You definitely do not give up on Suggs yet. Thats asinine behaviour 

You gotta read the article Jay …he wasn’t like give up on him …that he was gonna be caught in a numbers crunch with AB in the fold …Fultz entrenched at PG, AB can play the 1,2 or 3 …Cole flourishing in a 6th man role …unless he can beat out Gary Harris he’s looking at less minutes than last year …that he was the odd guard out .

19 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

You gotta read the article Jay …he wasn’t like give up on him …that he was gonna be caught in a numbers crunch with AB in the fold …Fultz entrenched at PG, AB can play the 1,2 or 3 …Cole flourishing in a 6th man role …unless he can beat out Gary Harris he’s looking at less minutes than last year …that he was the odd guard out .

AB looks like nothing but a point guard. And if Suggs can’t beat out Harris, trade him now. That’s really a low bar. Also Goga is a really good backup center, I don’t know what this guy is doing, talking out his azz

31 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

AB looks like nothing but a point guard. And if Suggs can’t beat out Harris, trade him now. That’s really a low bar. Also Goga is a really good backup center, I don’t know what this guy is doing, talking out his azz

Only way Suggs is getting PG minutes is if somebody gets hurt …Fultz will get majority of PG minutes …AB is gonna get minutes or at least I think he will …probably a little bit of everywhere …Cole flourished in 6th man guard off the bench …which leaves Harris and Suggs battling for 2 guard minutes …looks to me like Suggs getting less minutes …makes sense to me 

20 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Only way Suggs is getting PG minutes is if somebody gets hurt …Fultz will get majority of PG minutes …AB is gonna get minutes or at least I think he will …probably a little bit of everywhere …Cole flourished in 6th man guard off the bench …which leaves Harris and Suggs battling for 2 guard minutes …looks to me like Suggs getting less minutes …makes sense to me 

I think Suggs takes that next step and and starts at SG. He brings a lot more to the table than Gary Harris does (+defense, +passing, +athleticism, +leadership) while the only thing Harris has on him is shooting. If Suggs increases his 3PT % at a good tick like he did from Year 1 (22%) to Year 2 (32%), you can bet he'll get the starter minutes and Gary Harris, whom has an expiring contract, is the odd man out. I think Suggs just needs to get up to 36% for him to take over the SG spot. If anything, we're keeping Gary Harris as insurance because the biggest question mark has always been Jalen's ability to stay healthy. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I think Suggs takes that next step and and starts at SG. He brings a lot more to the table than Gary Harris does (+defense, +passing, +athleticism, +leadership) while the only thing Harris has on him is shooting. If Suggs increases his 3PT % at a good tick like he did from Year 1 (22%) to Year 2 (32%), you can bet he'll get the starter minutes and Gary Harris, whom has an expiring contract, is the odd man out. I think Suggs just needs to get up to 36% for him to take over the SG spot. If anything, we're keeping Gary Harris as insurance because the biggest question mark has always been Jalen's ability to stay healthy. 

This^. Suggs should be Harris replacement. Hopefully.

AB has shown zero ability to play off the ball. Unless he finds some kinda pull up game or 3pt. shot and have confidence in it. That could take a year or so.