Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Here is my take on that interview. Parker has a new title and that’s about it. Evaluating, lol. Maybe he is being evaluated too. Otherwise why take this position with no power?

4 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

1 thing that bothers me is we didnt take this kid 36 he has the tools to be SPECIAL 

Because our scouting sucks azz. Look at our 2nd round picks while weHam has been in charge. It’s a dumpster fire. 

Dejounte Murray just got his extension. It's about 30 million per. I think it's significant because i think this is the year Fultz makes a jump. Disregard draft position for a second. 

Fultz and Murray came into the league and started very slowly then got injured and missed a year. I think they are similar players. Murray has one more year then Fultz but his big jump came 2 years ago on a bad Spurs team. I think this is the year Fultz breaks out, he just needs to stay healthy and make free throws. If he can hit a few more 3's a game that would be great but if he can't stay healthy or make 80% or more of his freebies he has probably hit his ceiling offensively. 

What is a fair extension for Fultz before or during the season? 

How high can it rise if we wait and he has a breakout season?

19 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Dejounte Murray just got his extension. It's about 30 million per. I think it's significant because i think this is the year Fultz makes a jump. Disregard draft position for a second. 

Fultz and Murray came into the league and started very slowly then got injured and missed a year. I think they are similar players. Murray has one more year then Fultz but his big jump came 2 years ago on a bad Spurs team. I think this is the year Fultz breaks out, he just needs to stay healthy and make free throws. If he can hit a few more 3's a game that would be great but if he can't stay healthy or make 80% or more of his freebies he has probably hit his ceiling offensively. 

What is a fair extension for Fultz before or during the season? 

How high can it rise if we wait and he has a breakout season?

I wouldn’t offer him an extension any time soon.

Yeah honestly after how badly we got burnt on the JI and Fultz extensions the first time i see them taking their time. That said if Cole and Fultz look good in camp expect something to happen. And yes they can extend both players if they feel confident in them. 

11 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Yeah honestly after how badly we got burnt on the JI and Fultz extensions the first time i see them taking their time. That said if Cole and Fultz look good in camp expect something to happen. And yes they can extend both players if they feel confident in them. 

Can’t really knock the JI extension because of how much CYA was built into it for re-injury. Even Fultz had an out in his contract this year for almost no cap hit. I don’t think we extend Fultz this off-season because he hasn’t really shown he can stay healthy yet for a full year, but if we get toward all-star break and he hasn’t missed a significant amount of time, I see it happening.

21 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I wouldn’t even begin those discussions until after the season is over with. There’s no need. We have a log jam at the guard spot filled with young guys who are developing. One of them we just drafted. We should see what’s redundant and who gives us what we need to move forward.  At the same time, we should be watching the trade market and strike when something opens up.

Fultz has more value right now than after he signs. He very well might be a candidate to be traded because of the expiring and might be the best candidate because there is data outside of the w’s that shows he might not be the best option for the direction we want to go.

Love that Harden's bluff was called by Philly. Reports today indicate Ime didn't ever want him in Houston, so Harden and his agent were leaking that to the media. Having watched the intensity and team play of the finals the last few years, I doubt Harden ever wins a ring. He's too into iso ball, seems to wilt in the playoffs, and doesn't seem to be a team guy. 

17 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Love that Harden's bluff was called by Philly. Reports today indicate Ime didn't ever want him in Houston, so Harden and his agent were leaking that to the media. Having watched the intensity and team play of the finals the last few years, I doubt Harden ever wins a ring. He's too into iso ball, seems to wilt in the playoffs, and doesn't seem to be a team guy. 

Selfish, me-first guys at the end of the day won't win rings in today's NBA. They'll sell jerseys but won't win rings. Harden is a prime example of that.