Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

4 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Djurisic withdrew his entry so that's a pretty good reason why we didn't try to draft him. 

We have no roster spots for any of those guys. We currently have 16 guys under contract and anticipate to add at least 1 in free agency. You could argue to give a 2 way to your 2nd round pick but I'd personally argue it's better to retain the 2nd round pick as a future asset Vs turning it into a guy you give a 2 way to for a season and likely cut after that.

Also we already have so many players to develop I'd rather we as an organisation focus on the high draft picks we're invested in. 

Also, maybe we just didn't really like any of those guys over what we already have on roster (Caleb Houstan essentially) 

Ayo Dosunmu is a fine NBA player but "rising star" is a massive stretch. 

i guess we have two different opinions on this. It’s ok. I get your point.. 

Your wrong about Ayo though. He’s gonna have one of those D. Murray, K. Johnson like development. He’s a sneaky good player. 

I also think Coby White is a sneaky good player. They have just been in really bad situations where coaching is an issue. Kinda like when we traded for WJC and a lot of debates where out there that WCJ isn’t good. 

Change of scenery is a thing of beauty for some players

4 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

i guess we have two different opinions on this. It’s ok. I get your point.. 

Your wrong about Ayo though. He’s gonna have one of those D. Murray, K. Johnson like development. He’s a sneaky good player. 

I also think Coby White is a sneaky good player. They have just been in really bad situations where coaching is an issue. Kinda like when we traded for WJC and a lot of debates where out there that WCJ isn’t good. 

Change of scenery is a thing of beauty for some players

I like Coby White quite a bit as a guy who'll be better on his second contract but I don't personally believe either he or Ayo will be stars at any point. 

I see your point as well, I can't pretend there weren't second round guys I'd have liked us to draft. I had Cissoko and Rupert in my top 30. But ultimately is there any path for a 2nd round pick wing to minutes on a team that has Franz/Paolo/Jett/Gary Harris and will likely spend on at least one wing in free agency?

Just now, CTMagicUK said:

I like Coby White quite a bit as a guy who'll be better on his second contract but I don't personally believe either he or Ayo will be stars at any point. 

I see your point as well, I can't pretend there weren't second round guys I'd have liked us to draft. I had Cissoko and Rupert in my top 30. But ultimately is there any path for a 2nd round pick wing to minutes on a team that has Franz/Paolo/Jett/Gary Harris and will likely spend on at least one wing in free agency.

I don’t think G. Harris is a part of our future. He’s a salary asset to facilitate in a trade. 

Id try to package players in a trade and therefore we have room to swing for developing talents. 

Harris, C. Anthony, Okeke, Bol Bol should be dealt in a trade this off season imo. 

Id only retain M. Wagner as a third string PF and a buddy for Franz. 

Id keep K. Harris on a Two Way if that is possible. If not, he ain’t making it on my roster either (although i actually like him a lot.)

FA has some nice players actually. Unfortunately no star player we could pursue that actually fits our time line and our needs. But a lot of nice role players. 

Malik Beasley just hit FA as an UFA. I’d pursue him before i’d through big money at Strus

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

What a surprise.

They also waived Malik Beasley, that made a lot of 3's last season, but I doubt FO will be interested.

EDIT: I was a little to late on Beasley.

3 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

What a surprise.

They also waived Malik Beasley, that made a lot of 3's last season, but I doubt FO will be interested.

As well they shouldn't he's a low efficiency chucker who went to prison for aiming a gun at somebody less than 2 years ago.

14 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

As well they shouldn't he's a low efficiency chucker who went to prison for aiming a gun at somebody less than 2 years ago.

oh i didn’t know.. obviously would have to read on the topic more.. 

But on paper he interests me more than that expensive hype contract Strus is about to get

22 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

What a surprise.

EDIT: I was a little to late on Beasley.

Mo Bamba. It’s just a saddening to me that the guy has low motor and can’t reach his potential 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

Mo Bamba. It’s just a saddening to me that the guy has low motor and can’t reach his potential 

I think the guy has depression like me or something else like that because it's so puzzling to me how a guy can get that far and seemingly not care.