Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

That trade is a massive win for the Wiz. Picks and Poole for a guy who they'd probably end up waiving or buying out.

I wouldn't take Poole with his contract

9 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I wouldn't take Poole with his contract

That was the same reaction. Wizards has made two trades to basically shred salary, and then they take a big salary back, and it's the one of a player that hasn't really showed he can be the base of a rebuild. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe they'll regret it.

Sixers have agreed to two-way deals with Ricky Council IV, Terquavion Smith and Azuolas Tubelis, as well as an Exhibit 10 contract with Marcus Bagley, source confirms reporting from @KyleNeubeck

The Sixers added one of the best Two way deals i can remember. Those are late first and 2nd round picks. really solid role players…

Traquavion really didn’t do him a favor by opting out of the draft last year. He was a lottery pick last year

On to the next stage of putting together our roster - guarantee/options or not. We have to make moves on all of the following before the end of the month.

Fultz - guarantee full $17K by 6/30 - obvious yes

G Harris - club option $13K by 6/30 - fairly obvious yes (even if just for a trade later)

Anthony - 24/25 Qualifying Offer by 6/29 - fairly obvious yes (even if just for a trade later)

Bol - club option $2.2M by 6/30 - on the fence, but inclined to release unless there is an imminent trade

Schofield - club option $2.0M by 6/29 - inclined to release

Carter-Williams - club option $3.05M by 6/29 - inclined to release

K Harris - Qualifying Offer $2M(?) by 6/29 - inclined to release

Bitadze - club option $2.07M - (can't find a date for this one) - inclined to keep

Isaac's guarantee date is 1/10/24 - so if we cut him before then we pay $7.6M instead of $17.4M - to be seen, dependent on training camp/early season

M Wagner is an Unrestricted Free Agent, but we do have Bird Rights - inclined to keep dependent on price (upside for Franz)

I would like to see us pursue a free agent who can play backup 3/4

That makes our roster:

Fultz/Black/Suggs

G Harris/Anthony/Howard

F Wagner/Houstan/F.A.

Banchero/Isaac/Okeke

Carter/Bitadze/M Wagner

52 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

On to the next stage of putting together our roster - guarantee/options or not. We have to make moves on all of the following before the end of the month.

Fultz - guarantee full $17K by 6/30 - obvious yes

G Harris - club option $13K by 6/30 - fairly obvious yes (even if just for a trade later)

Anthony - 24/25 Qualifying Offer by 6/29 - fairly obvious yes (even if just for a trade later)

Bol - club option $2.2M by 6/30 - on the fence, but inclined to release unless there is an imminent trade

Schofield - club option $2.0M by 6/29 - inclined to release

Carter-Williams - club option $3.05M by 6/29 - inclined to release

K Harris - Qualifying Offer $2M(?) by 6/29 - inclined to release

Bitadze - club option $2.07M - (can't find a date for this one) - inclined to keep

Isaac's guarantee date is 1/10/24 - so if we cut him before then we pay $7.6M instead of $17.4M - to be seen, dependent on training camp/early season

M Wagner is an Unrestricted Free Agent, but we do have Bird Rights - inclined to keep dependent on price (upside for Franz)

I would like to see us pursue a free agent who can play backup 3/4

That makes our roster:

Fultz/Black/Suggs

G Harris/Anthony/Howard

F Wagner/Houstan/F.A.

Banchero/Isaac/Okeke

Carter/Bitadze/M Wagner

We have to trim down the quantity of this roster and improve the quality.. This is the year to do so. 

Package multiple players for a good starter. 

Maybe we can get Lavine, Simons, Patrick Williams, Deandre Hunter or another player for a package of Cole, Harris, Okeke, Bol Bol. 

Im not including Suggs in any case. I believe in him. 

or a sign and trade with those players.

Next step is to get a good backup C. I don’t trust the health of WCJ. We need a better option than Bitadze. (too unproven) 

10 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

We have to trim down the quantity of this roster and improve the quality.. This is the year to do so. 

Package multiple players for a good starter. 

Maybe we can get Lavine, Simons, Patrick Williams, Deandre Hunter or another player for a package of Cole, Harris, Okeke, Bol Bol. 

Im not including Suggs in any case. I believe in him. 

or a sign and trade with those players.

Next step is to get a good backup C. I don’t trust the health of WCJ. We need a better option than Bitadze. (too unproven) 

Yeah that’s not happening 

I think Black can play with Cole and Suggs off the bench. He’s big enough to guard 3’s, obviously has the facilitating, and moves pretty well off the ball for a guy without a great deep shot. Conversely (outside of Hendricks) there wasn’t really anyone else at 6 you can plug into that bench without taking their minutes. 

1 hour ago, Jon said:

Yeah that’s not happening 

probably not those names but i believe with those players and 1st round pick, we should be able to improve our quality and get a starter in return

1 minute ago, orlandoholic said:

probably not those names but i believe with those players and 1st round pick, we should be able to improve our quality and get a starter in return

Like who?