Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

This is about Brandon Miller by Jonathan Givony: 

"He sat down with 12 teams at the draft combine in Chicago, but arrived holding a legal brief written by his attorneys informing teams that he would not be able to comment on specific details regarding his involvement in the lead-up to the fatal shooting of Jamea Jonae Harris. It's the biggest factor holding him back from being the easy choice at No. 2."

Nope. Nope, nope, nope. Don't touch that guy. If his involvement was in this case such that if he comments on it he may be incriminating himself that's too much involvement for me. 

If he was truly innocent how would he have anything to hide? 

Lots of guys withdrew their names from the draft at the deadline. Judah Mintz, Zach Edey, Adem Bona, Dillon Mitchell probably most notable. 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Lots of guys withdrew their names from the draft at the deadline. Judah Mintz, Zach Edey, Adem Bona, Dillon Mitchell probably most notable. 

Just came across this clip on Twitter (ignore the Embiid take), it's about 2 minutes of Bob Myers talking about playoffs vs regular season and it's incredibly pertinent to the general discourse around what the Magic should do this summer both in the draft and in free agency. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Just came across this clip on Twitter (ignore the Embiid take), it's about 2 minutes of Bob Myers talking about playoffs vs regular season and it's incredibly pertinent to the general discourse around what the Magic should do this summer both in the draft and in free agency. 

That’s why I’m opposed to drafting “shooters”. Get guys who can shoot but other things as well.

35 minutes ago, Jon said:

That’s why I’m opposed to drafting “shooters”. Get guys who can shoot but other things as well.

My exact feeling really. We're drafting prospects not complete players. This 6th pick in particular is probably the last top 10 pick we'll have in the next 5+ years all being well. Let's get the best possible talent. 

That's not to say I don't value shooting. At 11 I love Gradey, but Gradey isn't just a shooter either, he's long and he competes on defense, he can put the ball on the floor in a straight line, he's a good passer. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

completely agree with that take and that’s the main reason i say we don’t need G. Dick and would prefer a player that can playmake and do multiple things on the court.. 

32 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

My exact feeling really. We're drafting prospects not complete players. This 6th pick in particular is probably the last top 10 pick we'll have in the next 5+ years all being well. Let's get the best possible talent. 

That's not to say I don't value shooting. At 11 I love Gradey, but Gradey isn't just a shooter either, he's long and he competes on defense, he can put the ball on the floor in a straight line, he's a good passer. 

i just don’t see these attributes with Gradey Dick.. 

"Gradey Dick isn’t likely to be considered by the Mavericks, sources tell @tim_cato

The team’s new front office is focused on athleticism and physicality much more than the old guard."

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticNBA/status/1663636647676608512

Good news if true and we're hoping he's there at 11. They were the team I was most worried about picking him up.

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

What a great video. This is why I love Franz and see him as the most important player on our team right now. Perhaps it’s also why we might chase Reaves. His numbers were fantastic all year on various fronts, and his plus/minus numbers were superb.

• Upvote 1