Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

4 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Does Ausar really have Wiggins's athleticism? That's a bananas comp if so.

Not a huge fan of the Wiggins comp but I'd say Ausar is in a similar realm as an athlete. 

And the scary thing is he's not even the most athletic player in his own family. 

Woj reporting Miller is going 2. Just like he reported Jabari Smith going 1 last year. Really hoping he gets it wrong 2 years in a row. Stop spoiling the draft!

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

Woj reporting Miller is going 2. Just like he reported Jabari Smith going 1 last year. Really hoping he gets it wrong 2 years in a row. Stop spoiling the draft!

At least Woj is stepping back during the draft.. To me it was annoying 

Random thought that you'd more expect in the middle of the season than days before the draft but I just realized looking at some mocks: 

Why is Jalen Slawson barely mocked in the top 60? Dude is good at basketball. I haven't bothered to make a board lower than 30 but feel like I'd have him in the 30-40 range. 

I get he's older from a small school but like... He's good.

So two more days before the draft. I still don’t know what route i’d want to go..

Part of me wants to trade up. Part of me doesn’t feel like it’s so much of a difference for us to trade up.

Part of me wants to trade for a star player like Lamelo, Zion, Simons and part of me wants this team to grow through the draft.

Right now i’d be fine with staying put and keeping our picks. Just because i know we are going to get a player at 6 with superstar potential and a good fit for this team as well.

so here is my picks for the draft. (in order)

6th pick:

Amen Thompson, Ausar Thompson, Cam Whitmore 

11th pick:

G. Dick, Hendricks D. Lively

36th pick:

- yes i would keep the pick

Nnaji, K. Murray, Vukcevic, Tubelis

those are the players i am focused on most. 

ideal lineup

PG: Fultz, A. Thompson 

SG: Suggs, C. Anthony

SF: Wagner, G. Dick, Okeke, Houstan

PF: Banchero, Isaac, Bol Bol

C: WCJ, Bitadze, Nnaji

then add player in FA

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Random thought that you'd more expect in the middle of the season than days before the draft but I just realized looking at some mocks: 

Why is Jalen Slawson barely mocked in the top 60? Dude is good at basketball. I haven't bothered to make a board lower than 30 but feel like I'd have him in the 30-40 range. 

I get he's older from a small school but like... He's good.

you’ve seen Spinella

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Wut? 

Adam Spinella is a youtuber and he just put this video up. I was watching it while i read your post. I figured you watchetd him too. I guess it was just a coincidence 

7 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

https://theathletic.com/4626572/2023/06/21/nba-mock-draft-2023-hollinger/?amp=1
Hollinger suggesting trades are gonna be the theme of the day …anybody pay for the Athletic ? I’m not a member but am curious what he says …respect his opinion 

I'm not a subscriber either but it feels like each year there's a lot of talk about trades before or during the draft and it hardly ever materializes. I'm sure there are a lot of teams who would like to trade, but it takes two to tango. 

31 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

Adam Spinella is a youtuber and he just put this video up. I was watching it while i read your post. I figured you watchetd him too. I guess it was just a coincidence 

I have watched a lot of Spins' videos but haven't seen that one yet, just a coincidence I think. 

4 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I'm not a subscriber either but it feels like each year there's a lot of talk about trades before or during the draft and it hardly ever materializes. I'm sure there are a lot of teams who would like to trade, but it takes two to tango. 

Just Portland alone without mentioning other teams …I mean, something has to give with them …if they make the pick Lillard said again this week he’s not interested in getting another young guy …are they drafting a player for another team ? Who the heck knows but the Blazers have to make a decision and that starts tomorrow night