Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

6 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Maybe it is because they played in OTE so I have no idea how their play translates, but I truly want nothing to do with either of the twins

I agree Jason …that shooting stat posted back a few pages by Wasserman is worrisome …Givony hit the nail on the head in saying the guys available don’t mesh real well with our personnel …will be very interesting to see what Weltham have in store for us …1 week to go 

I used to like Ausar at 6, but now feel Coulibaly at 11 offers basically the same size and wingspan, with a similar skillset, is a year younger, and plays in a professional league that's easier to gauge. My preference now is Hendricks at 6, Coulibaly at 11. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, DestroidMengars said:

I used to like Ausar at 6, but now feel Coulibaly at 11 offers basically the same size and wingspan, with a similar skillset, is a year younger, and plays in a professional league that's easier to gauge. My preference now is Hendricks at 6, Coulibaly at 11. 

I don’t think Coulibaly has the playmaking ability like Ausar “seems” to have.

• Upvote 1

Yeah. I'm not as worried about getting the best playmaker out of the 6'7"ish guard we might draft. We need a shooting guard who can spread the floor more than a primary playmaking point guard. I'm more confident in Coulibaly's ability to spread the floor than Ausar's as his three looks better to me. He doesn't project to be as good of a defender as Ausar, but I'd say he looks better than Dick or Hawkins in that regard.

Givony also reporting Bufkin probably going lotto. 

Also apparently Woj has said he won't be tweeting the picks this year because he expects to be focused on all the trade talk. Which suggests he expects lots of trades. 

Jonathan Givony on Lowe Post really doesn't sound like Portland are trading #3 or Dame. And of any media member I'd feel like he'd know. Could just be posturing from Portland to get a better #3 package but I think I'm going to work on the assumption they keep the pick.