Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Literally everyone is mocking us Gradey Dick. Which kind of makes me feel like it won't happen.

Easy mock, since the Magic can’t shoot 3’s for sh**!!!  I don’t expect them to pick him because,  shooting doesn’t matter. Right???  At least that’s what chatgpt told me. 

17 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Wait till Soul gets a load of your vid Jay …what stands out the most to me, his skill notwithstanding …my gosh his physique ! …Dude is built like Adonis …he’s ready to step on the floor and battle other NBA PG’s right now ….come on Weltham …git r’ done 

Don’t like Scoot for us.  At all.  Good prospect, but if he was BAP at our draft spot I would take him and trade him.  Wouldn’t trade up for him.

Apparently Spurs are targeting trading back into the lottery for Ant Black or Kobe Bufkin. 

Not going to lie I think trading 11 for 3 future Spurs owned picks could be a low-key great move for us... that being said if we draft either of Black or Bufkin at 11 (2 of my favourite prospects) it'll be a whole rollercoaster of emotions when I find out we've traded them. 

(I know I said I don't think KOC knows anything but what else are we going to talk about?) 

The Ringer mock draft was updated yesterday:

6. Anthony Black

11. Derek Lively

36. Seth Lundy

Ok three things with this:

1. This would be a truly wild draft for us. No shooting in the first round would anger a lot but that aside it's pretty interesting. Lively is a pretty raw big man but he has a lot of upside. Seth Lundy is a good pick. 

2. Spurs want to trade up for Anthony Black allegedly and everyone mocking Black at 6 to us all of a sudden... Are we trading out of 6? 

3. Basically everyone who gets mocked to us at 36 on any mock draft is someone I really like so I'm kind of hoping we don't trade out there. We might keep it if we trade out of 6 I suppose. 

Some other notes: 

Bilal Coulibaly up at 9 is possibly a new high for him. Seemingly lots of smoke about him and the Jazz. 

Gradey down at 15. 

Brandon Podziemski at 18 is possibly the highest I've seen him 

Another mock with GG Jackson outside the first round. Those rumours of his terrible workouts possibly true. 

I have no idea when Jonathan Wasserman updated the bleacher report mock (it's just live update between now and the draft apparently) but it is madness: 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10077669-2023-nba-mock-draft-updated-full-2-round-predictions

6. Amen Thompson

11. Bilal Coulibaly

36. Tristan Vuckevic

This is the ultimate chaos draft. Think Magic fan base would combust.

17 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

Don’t like Scoot for us.  At all.  Good prospect, but if he was BAP at our draft spot I would take him and trade him.  Wouldn’t trade up for him.

I love Scoot for us. I don’t see anyone who’s a true lead guard PG and Fultz isn’t a guy I’d say he makes us so much better. 

19 minutes ago, Jon said:

I love Scoot for us. I don’t see anyone who’s a true lead guard PG and Fultz isn’t a guy I’d say he makes us so much better. 

I love Scoot too …but we were 5-20 until Fultz started playing …we were headed to the leagues worst record without him .

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

(I know I said I don't think KOC knows anything but what else are we going to talk about?) 

The Ringer mock draft was updated yesterday:

6. Anthony Black

11. Derek Lively

36. Seth Lundy

Ok three things with this:

1. This would be a truly wild draft for us. No shooting in the first round would anger a lot but that aside it's pretty interesting. Lively is a pretty raw big man but he has a lot of upside. Seth Lundy is a good pick. 

2. Spurs want to trade up for Anthony Black allegedly and everyone mocking Black at 6 to us all of a sudden... Are we trading out of 6? 

3. Basically everyone who gets mocked to us at 36 on any mock draft is someone I really like so I'm kind of hoping we don't trade out there. We might keep it if we trade out of 6 I suppose. 

Some other notes: 

Bilal Coulibaly up at 9 is possibly a new high for him. Seemingly lots of smoke about him and the Jazz. 

Gradey down at 15. 

Brandon Podziemski at 18 is possibly the highest I've seen him 

Another mock with GG Jackson outside the first round. Those rumours of his terrible workouts possibly true. 

It's a jungle out there CT....it's a jungle out there !!!

Wouldn't you like to be "on the table" with the Magic's FO going thru all the possible scenarios to be prepared with a plan and multiple back-up plans on draft night?

Their work is exponentially higher by having 2 high lottery picks in this kind of draft class.......

16 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

I love Scoot too …but we were 5-20 until Fultz started playing …we were headed to the leagues worst record without him .

Just because he was better than what we had doesn’t mean he’s the best going forward.

8 minutes ago, Jon said:

Just because he was better than what we had doesn’t mean he’s the best going forward.

Agree …and I’d do the trade up thing for Scoot cause experts say he’s generational …but Fultz was also a number 1 draft pick …he can and will get better as long as he stays healthy 

10 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Agree …and I’d do the trade up thing for Scoot cause experts say he’s generational …but Fultz was also a number 1 draft pick …he can and will get better as long as he stays healthy 

Maybe but that’s a big if. There’s also numbers showing that he’s not good with Paolo.

24 minutes ago, Jon said:

Maybe but that’s a big if. There’s also numbers showing that he’s not good with Paolo.

If we got him he’d be option 1 …honestly, as others have alluded too he doesn’t fit great with Banchero either because of his supposed weakness shooting and being ball dominant …but as I keep saying the experts say he’s on a tier just a little lower than Wemby