Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Rookie Watch

16 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Time will tell …Lillard with the lob to Sharpe from the arc on a half court set …kids hops are eye opening 

I cant get the YOUTUBE clip above to embed like you did not sure why.

Nate …mine says link is automatically embedded …not sure with yours …I think Shaedon is gonna win the slam dunk contest at All Star break …am praying Zion gets in …a Sharpe Zion slam dunk contest would be epic !

Aaron Gordon also has unreal hops. This does not equate to a great player as we are all aware. It takes humility, hard work, and an intellect that understands team basketball. Paolo>Sharpe and time will tell whose better in the long run but I’d take Paolo’s chances 10 times out of ten over Sharpe, as he has the skills and is way ahead on the learning curve. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

i would like at least a 35% 3pt shooting stroke instead of 25% for paolo

I would like prime LeBron given the choice but can't we just be happy with clearly the best player in the draft.

• Upvote 1

no i dont want prime lebron - i just want exactly this player to have a 35% 3pt shot. Prime lebron while great was an egomaniac and every place he payed has drama about him... dont want that here.

20 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Aaron Gordon also has unreal hops. This does not equate to a great player as we are all aware. It takes humility, hard work, and an intellect that understands team basketball. Paolo>Sharpe and time will tell whose better in the long run but I’d take Paolo’s chances 10 times out of ten over Sharpe, as he has the skills and is way ahead on the learning curve. 

Yeah Aaron is finally having his best year, only took him 9 years to learn how to shoot. It was always his head and work ethic. The guy still hardly ever gets rebounds for all the size and hops he has. Paolo was the choice for two big reasons. When the shot doesn't fall some players contribute in other ways. Superstars just change the game. Paolo was just the clear number 1 because he already was a man among boys at 19 and a natural scorer. Throw in the ability to pass and get to the line and all we have to hope is he becomes decent on defense and maybe shoot the 3.

Most of the big names we have talked about the last 10 years started off bad at shooting the 3. Lebron,Kawhi,PG,Embiid,Gianiss,Doncic,AD,Jokic....etc. lots of these guys didn't have a 3 point shot the first few years or still don't. The Warriors just broke the league having 3 of the best shooters in league history on one team.

If Sharpe becomes the guy you think he will of course the Magic could use him! But we needed a Paolo first and we could only choose one. 

Kia Rookie Ladder..

This blurb of disrespect "Neither of the two highest-picked active draftees was named Rookie of the Month in his respective conference for October/November. "

1. Paolo Banchero, Orlando Magic

Season stats: 21.8 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 4.0 apg
Since last Ladder: 22.3 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 5.3 apg
Last Ladder: 1
Draft pick: No. 1 overall

Banchero sank half of his 24 3-point shots and dished 5.3 assists with 1.5 steals and 0.8 blocks in the Magic’s 3-1 week. In the 14 games since returning from his ankle-sprain layoff, he is averaging almost three fewer field goal attempts per game, a 16.5% decline, but his assists are up by 19%. By the way, his streak of seven consecutive games scoring 20+ points that ended Monday in Atlanta tied Shaquille O’Neal’s run 30 years ago for the longest by an Orlando rookie.

• Upvote 1

Sure Paolo is having a historic rookie season. But Shaedon Sharpe could develop! He could even develop to one day be as good as Paolo is right now.

• Upvote 1