Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

1 hour ago, Heffernan said:

NBA is moronic when it comes to things like this, always have been. We will just have to come together and get through it as unscathed record wise as possible. Still feel a playoff spot can be had with this group.

And hey, first post here. Magic fan from North Carolina. Looking forward to joining in :)

Welcome to the party!

The auto suspensions for leaving the bench are stupid, but they are what they are, the league is very by the book on that rule and always has been. My biggest issue is Hayes. Only 3 games for him after that BS is ridiculous, thought he deserved 8-10

• Upvote 1

Just now, All Eyes On Me said:

The auto suspensions for leaving the bench are stupid, but they are what they are, the league is very by the book on that rule and always has been. My biggest issue is Hayes. Only 3 games for him after that BS is ridiculous, thought he deserved 8-10

This

19 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Mo Wagner is a journeyman making the league minimum - now if Hayes had sucker-punched an All-Star to the back of the head, it would have been 8-10 games. That's how this league works for those type of suspensions. If it had been Lebron, Hayes would be out for the rest of the year! 

4 hours ago, Heffernan said:

NBA is moronic when it comes to things like this, always have been. We will just have to come together and get through it as unscathed record wise as possible. Still feel a playoff spot can be had with this group.

And hey, first post here. Magic fan from North Carolina. Looking forward to joining in :)

Welcome aboard!  Always glad to have new people join the discussions. 

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think they should make an exception for incidents that occur at one teams bench because of how intrinsically asymmetric that situation is.   It’s really not what they had in mind when they created their policy.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

I think they should make an exception for incidents that occur at one teams bench because of how intrinsically asymmetric that situation is.   It’s really not what they had in mind when they created their policy.  

I agree, and hopefully they revisit this rule based on this circumstance when the off-season gets here.

6 hours ago, Heffernan said:

Welcome aboard!

51 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Haven’t watched the last three games. Has Paulo hit a wall or what’s happening?

Good for you for not watching!   Whole team looks out of sync, now aggravated by the suspensions. The four day Christmas layoff really seems to have messed us up; we were cruising until then. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Haven’t watched the last three games. Has Paulo hit a wall or what’s happening?

It’s weird with Paolo over the last few, he’s not getting any of the foul calls he was getting earlier in the season and he’s getting called for ticky tack everything. I think the foul that cost us the ATL game is in his head and affecting his confidence, and I think the league sent the refs a memo saying to start treating him more like a rookie.