CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

They trade down, they better make damn sure they get the player they want. They’ll regret passing on Jabari if they do. His combination of youth + combined with his shooting at his size are special traits that don’t come around often. And because he’s so young, the sky is the limit with his upside. Same reason they chose Dwight over Emeka in 2004. Chet is a homeless man’s version of Victor who is going #1 next season. As long as they don’t waste the pick on him.

15 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

So playing Sherlock Holmes, we trade down for 3 and 17, Houston takes Banchero and Bamba.

We then move up 17 and the second rounders for Sharpe and whoever falls from Chet/Jabari.

Everyone’s happy

MP my dream draft 

Smith and Sharpe!

Its happening!!!

3 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

MP my dream draft 

Smith and Sharpe!

Its happening!!!

That would be phenomenal. The team I’m worried about is OKC. They’re in a great place to land 2 stars

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Ball junkie, I’m convinced you’re going to jump off a ledge or leave our team for the team who drafts Sharpe if we don’t take him in 12 hours. 

Lol Trey you got the desperation part right …I didn’t even know who Sharpe was until I stumbled across a Rivals UK message board and started chatting …just thread after thread of intrigue with this kid …is he gonna play or not …his name always eliciting strong opinions and long conversations.

So I’ve been waiting to watch him play since January …I would absolutely love for him to be on this team …I would absolutely love to be a Season ticket holder again …and I called and told them …gotta see how things shake out tonight though …but yeah, I’m definitely following his career .

Edit : I don’t think we’re getting him though 

Just now, Mauro Pedrosa said:

That would be phenomenal. The team I’m worried about is OKC. They’re in a great place to land 2 stars

Worried? I am not. I am confident WeltHam and co know what they are doing. I am confident we have our number 1 option in Franz also. Our team is about to get home court advantage in the playoffs next season MP!

10 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Worried? I am not. I am confident WeltHam and co know what they are doing. I am confident we have our number 1 option in Franz also. Our team is about to get home court advantage in the playoffs next season MP!

Not that I don't appreciate the optimism but we'd be lucky to get home court advantage in the play in tournament.

15 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Not that I don't appreciate the optimism but we'd be lucky to get home court advantage in the play in tournament.

You cannot say that CT. Well you can of course cos its your opinion. But i really have unwavering confidence that our team is about to make a massive jump. We was held back on a leash alot last season on purpose. The thing i will say is are management looking to have 1 more year of tanking/development and trying to get Wenbanyama next season.. if so then of course no home court nor play in.

1 minute ago, Jay Magic said:

You cannot say that CT. Well you can of course cos its your opinion. But i really have unwavering confidence that our team is about to make a massive jump. We was held back on a leash alot last season on purpose. The thing i will say is are management looking to have 1 more year of tanking/development and trying to get Wenbanyama next season.. if so then of course no home court nor play in.

I’m gonna stick my neck out there and say that Wembanyama isn’t worth tanking for.

Let’s see how this take holds up in 5 years

8 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Anyone else starting to get this funny feeling we are going to draft the wrong player and absolutely regret it? You can only go so long with a 3/3 100% batting average on the top pick before you pick an Anthony Bennett. 

I’m worried about the math here. Someone talk me down from the ledge. 

Jokes aside, when you pick first in a draft with no clear franchise player, there's a big big risk you will regret it, but only cause expectations for N1 are really high.

That's why I'm not against trading back and get more assets (good players or multiple picks ) if the right situation comes up.

Look we aren't going to tank. Well, at least the first 3 months. Every team that is bad after the all-star break will alter the line-ups a bit. The Pacers and Blazers absolutley tanked last year but not until they were bad and made trades. If the Magic have the same bad record at the all-star break they will definitely give whoever is left more rest days and slip in some two way players.

But they won't have to tank. They will just be bad, hopefully this doesn't happen. If we are getting better and most players are healthy they are going to try. How do we know? Because wwe have been that team for years.