Sign in to follow this  
KRISH10

Is it time for Penny

After listening to Cliffs postgame presser it’s pretty clear that he is not going to do good rebuilding and developing these young guys + the 2 new players we will have after the draft. I think it’s time to give the keys to Penny Hardaway and let him grow as a coach with our young guys.

If we move on from Cliff, which I doubt we do, I'd prefer we hire a coach on the strength of their resume and not because they played for us 20 years ago. 

I also think we should let Cliff go. Even himself, I think he wouldn't be too much against it.

Stan Heath would be my first choice. But I would also like if we convince Kenny Atkinson to become head coach again. I know Penny was coaching in Memphis but I am not aware about his coaching skills.

Yet to hear any valid reason why we should hire Penny that doesn't include nostalgia or fan excitement. 

And there are at least two ex-NBA players coaching in the NCAA that I'd rather hire if we went that route.

EDIT: but this job isn't vacant nor do I believe it will be any time soon.

I dont know how good Penny is at coaching but i feel like players would want to play for him and he could be good at recruiting 

51 minutes ago, Diplo said:

I dont know how good Penny is at coaching but i feel like players would want to play for him and he could be good at recruiting 

Most players in the NBA aren't even old enough to remember Penny in his prime. Why would they want to play for him more than any other coach?

If you listen to every one of Pennys players they rave about him as a coach, he was a super intelligent player. Look at Nash, no experience as a coach but gets a lot of respect from his players because of the type of player he was.