CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

As far as drafting BPA, there so many in the same tiers in this draft that some consideration can be given on position without downgrading talent.

JI should not be considered in the lineup as he has yet to show he can play more than half a season. I was worried about this before we drafted him and so far I have been right. Personally I would trade him for a top 10 pick in this draft and be done with him and never look back. Yes he has potential to be a superstar, but he also has equal potential to be injured 1/2 of every season. I'd rather have someone not quite as good but a lot more durable. 

11 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I’m not at all sure I agree with that part of your comment.  Many players benefit from practicing with and watching more established players early in their careers (see J J Reddick for example), rather than being thrown out there for extended minutes when they aren’t really ready and developing bad habits.  I’d even argue that may be more the rule than the exception.  

I agree with that, but are we sure that Vuc&Evan were setting good habits in the past?
My sensation it's that they didn't.
So, I've gladly accepted that half season "tank", there were no other ways considering the situation we were into, and I hope that we are immediately try to win next season, and that we could add a couple of good veterans (I've read an interesting Lowe article on Crowder recently talking about that) and have good habits in the games and in the trainings too.

If coach/management believe we have too many youngsters, I wouldn't be against trading one pick or one of the players already in the roster for a more established player that fits into the plan.

Here's over an hour on Bouknight. Clips start about 3 minutes in. Audio quality isn't great for this one. But it's worth a watch if you think Bouknight is someone we should draft. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Here's over an hour on Bouknight. Clips start about 3 minutes in. Audio quality isn't great for this one. But it's worth a watch if you think Bouknight is someone we should draft. 

If he is there at 8, I think we pick him.....Barnes (forward / multi-positional) with 5 and Bou with 8, a shooting guard, is a good draft night in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

If he is there at 8, I think we pick him.....Barnes (forward / multi-positional) with 5 and Bou with 8, a shooting guard, is a good draft night in my opinion.

I think if we stay put we should swing for the fences with Kuminga at 5 and I’m on board for Boukknight at 8 barring a major player slipping  

14 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Yea I don't want that at all. That's like a bad draft for us in my opinion. 

Like I get Scottie Barnes. I'm pretty confident he's a good basketball player who'll impact winning and if we draft him I won't be upset or anything. I just don't see the high end outcomes that a #5 pick should promise. 

And Bouknight I wouldn't take top 10 I don't think. For a bunch of reasons but on a less serious note because within two months of him running of screens, playing off ball and attacking off the catch all the Magic fans would be saying **** like "free Bouknight! Let him run the offense!" When he couldn't generate good offense in college as a primary option.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yea I don't want that at all. That's like a bad draft for us in my opinion. 

Like I get Scottie Barnes. I'm pretty confident he's a good basketball player who'll impact winning and if we draft him I won't be upset or anything. I just don't see the high end outcomes that a #5 pick should promise. 

And Bouknight I wouldn't take top 10 I don't think. For a bunch of reasons but on a less serious note because within two months of him running of screens, playing off ball and attacking off the catch all the Magic fans would be saying **** like "free Bouknight! Let him run the offense!" When he couldn't generate good offense in college as a primary option.

Who would you draft at 5 and 8 then? 

18 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

I would do the same thing, but the question then becomes how do you fit them in with our current players? 

what would our rotation look like? 

If for reason X, Suggs is drafted....the Front Office will be flooded with questions regarding what you just said...."how does Suggs fits" 

These questions, however, could be answered on draft night if we trade Cole or Markelle. I doubt anybody wants Markelle as he is in re-hab and I think most everybody is super high on Cole's overall (leadership) skills....and want to see more.

I doubt we draft Suggs....but if we draft him, I think he is the one traded. Probably him for 2 or 3 players or picks to us.

This is a super interesting draft for us.....many things can happen or maybe not. We can only watch.

2 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

Who would you draft at 5 and 8 then? 

I know you kind of just want me to say 2 names here so Giddey and Moody is kind of my ideal draft if I had to pick 2 guys not in the consensus top 4 but just know I almost typed an essay because I think there are dozens of interesting and fun options (mostly centered around trading down for better value with some consideration that it might actually be worth taking Barnes at 5)

20 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I know you kind of just want me to say 2 names here so Giddey and Moody is kind of my ideal draft if I had to pick 2 guys not in the consensus top 4 but just know I almost typed an essay because I think there are dozens of interesting and fun options (mostly centered around trading down for better value with some consideration that it might actually be worth taking Barnes at 5)

I agree there are tons of intriguing options available and I’ve gone back-and-forth. 

I will change my mind another few hundred times before the draft, but currently I’m wanting Barnes at 5 and Moody at 8.