Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

Cliff just said some of these guys are going to have to sit games. That's exactly what tanking teams say/do.

Hahaha i am all for it.

This time next season we will be sitting right at the top end of the East remember i said this please 

Sitting at the top end of the east? That sounds more than a little farfetched. I don’t see how you can have such optimism. There are so many question marks for this team next season. Markelle more than likely won’t even be ready for the start of the year and will be closely monitored and on a minute restriction following major knee surgery whenever he even returns, Isaac has a much better shot of being ready early...but certainly going to be eased back into things before starting again and again, minute restriction for sure. Unless Orlando does the unthinkable...and re-ups Fournier...who even is our starting two guard next season? Birch is also a free agent. Even before the injuries this year, Orlando has been trending downward for the last couple of seasons...while a plethora of teams in the east have gotten younger and more athletic and are currently battling it out for the rest of those playoff spots. Realistically when healthy, this teams peak has got to be what? A 6th seed at best? Orlando in no shape or form has the makeup to be seen in the same class as say Brooklyn, Philly, Boston, or even Miami...who has playoff pedigree, two all-star caliber players and cap space to burn.

Orlando is pretty much in no mans land right now. The front office doesn’t want to commit to a rebuild. But winning now is going to be difficult as well...when your two young building blocks are facing slow methodical returns and you’re already struggling to compete/score as it is and about to lose your second leading scorer to free agency.  (I don’t like Fournier and don’t want him back...but in any case...still leaves an obvious hole at SG)

4 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Hmmmm 

This is hardly fair on Vuc. He routinely plays with guys who are barely NBA players against starting 5s and then when the team gets blown out our bench occasionally makes a run in garbage time against the other teams deep bench guys. 

Both of those things are a recipe for a bad +/-. 

(Which I thought we'd agreed was a bull**** stat by now?)

That game went about as well as expected with Bacon being relied upon to be our second scorer. (To be fair he was pretty good)

We played hard and kept it pretty close so I'm happy. 

Chuma is awesome. His defense is terrific. That fast break he stopped by blocking Herro was wonderful. He has no ability to create his own offense but his catch and shoot game is money and I really believe he's going to be an important guy next season once Fultz is back slashing into the lane. 

Bamba had some good moments this game too. The block on Harkless + the great defense immediately following it to force a turnover is a tantalising showcase of what he can be defensively. Hope we see more of that. 

9 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Hmmmm 

I just looked at some advanced stats. Vooch is 4th in the NBA as a center in RPM WINS and 9th in the NBA as a center in RPM. In other words, the raw data is ... raw.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I just looked at some advanced stats. Vooch is 4th in the NBA as a center in RPM WINS and 9th in the NBA as a center in RPM. In other words, the raw data is ... raw.

Yeah i am not taking anything from that plus minus nonsense 

9 hours ago, New Guy said:

Sitting at the top end of the east? That sounds more than a little farfetched. I don’t see how you can have such optimism. There are so many question marks for this team next season. Markelle more than likely won’t even be ready for the start of the year and will be closely monitored and on a minute restriction following major knee surgery whenever he even returns, Isaac has a much better shot of being ready early...but certainly going to be eased back into things before starting again and again, minute restriction for sure. Unless Orlando does the unthinkable...and re-ups Fournier...who even is our starting two guard next season? Birch is also a free agent. Even before the injuries this year, Orlando has been trending downward for the last couple of seasons...while a plethora of teams in the east have gotten younger and more athletic and are currently battling it out for the rest of those playoff spots. Realistically when healthy, this teams peak has got to be what? A 6th seed at best? Orlando in no shape or form has the makeup to be seen in the same class as say Brooklyn, Philly, Boston, or even Miami...who has playoff pedigree, two all-star caliber players and cap space to burn.

Orlando is pretty much in no mans land right now. The front office doesn’t want to commit to a rebuild. But winning now is going to be difficult as well...when your two young building blocks are facing slow methodical returns and you’re already struggling to compete/score as it is and about to lose your second leading scorer to free agency.  (I don’t like Fournier and don’t want him back...but in any case...still leaves an obvious hole at SG)

I stand by what i said. Next season. We will be flying. Injuries permitting 

No Aldridge or Derozan for the Spurs tonight...

This is a game we could win. 

As bad as it sounds i do not care for wins the rest of the way. 

Play the game the right way.. get the boys Chuma and Bamba as much gametime as possible and rack up losses. Sorry to say it yet again. 

Top 3 pick, hopefully number 1 pick and we are absolutely rolling!!