Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

On 11/23/2020 at 9:35 AM, hootie249 said:

https://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2020/11/22/21589345/orlando-magic-wes-iwundu-james-ennis-gary-clark-2020-nba-free-agency

Reading that article is depressing, but after watching the other front offices, i'm glad we stayed the course. Next year is the time for changes.

Let's get healthy! 

I’ve got to say I disagree with this article and the other article this gentleman wrote about off-season goals. For instance, he harps on saying that waiting on trading vets will only decrease their value. Historically and contextually, that is just not true. Using Evan as an example, he was terrible in the playoffs and has a low value right now. The best thing we can do is hope he ups his value and then move him.

One other thing he gives no account for is the potential outside shooting and scoring of Cole and Chuma. They both are rookies but honestly have unlimited upside. Practically speaking, we are adding two rookies to the mix and that’s worth noting. 

28 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Gary Clark is the first guy to officially sign. Wonder what the hold up is with Bacon, Ennis and MCW.

Because...

I know... just dreaming...

On 11/23/2020 at 12:58 PM, Soul Bro said:

I’ve got to say I disagree with this article and the other article this gentleman wrote about off-season goals. For instance, he harps on saying that waiting on trading vets will only decrease their value. Historically and contextually, that just not true. Using Evan as an example, he was terrible in the playoffs and has a low value right now. The best thing we can do is hope he ups his value and then move him.

One other thing he gives no account for is the potential outside shooting and scoring of Cole and Chuma. They both are rookies but honestly have unlimited upside. Practically speaking, we are adding two rookies to the mix and that’s worth noting. 

Both first round picks, with high upside.