1. 1. Who do you want draft day 2013?

• Shabazz Muhammad
    • Ben McLemore
    • Nerlens Noel
    • Marcus Smart
    • Anthony Bennett
    • Michael Carter-Williams
    • Another Player not Listed
  2. 2. Do you think Marcus Smart fits in O Town?

We would need more stops on defense

c Vucevic

pf Davis (He is only 27yrs old)

sf Wiggins

sg Affalo

pg Smart

Fair point. I forgot about Davis, he'd certainly help us on the defensive side of things, and would also be useful on the scoring front as well. That looks a tasty line up, and that's without us going out into free agency to sign a big name free agent, which in 2014 there are a number of big names that might become available who we might try to persuade to come here. So things are looking bright, and fingers crossed this losing run won't continue much longer.

MCW is 22 when he enters the league,

Smart will be 19

And no one is saying draft MCW ahead of Smart. I think Smart is the obvious pick for the Magic at #1 or #2. However if the Magic dropped further in the draft I would take him.

And no one is saying draft MCW ahead of Smart. I think Smart is the obvious pick for the Magic at #1 or #2. However if the Magic dropped further in the draft I would take him.

Caught shoplifting = Not a Henny type of guy.

I think there's a good chance that teams like Charlotte or Phoenix will draft Smart and play him at the 2, especially if McLemore continues to demonstrate that he's passive and afraid to come to the ball.

Yeah I don't see that happening with the options out there at SG and the fact he's undersized at the 2 spot and his weakness is shooting. I think Smart is ours at any position down to about 3 or 4

Most likely to coach

Marcus Smart, Marcus (Flower Mound, Texas)

ESPN Senior Analyst Dave Telep dubs this Oklahoma State recruit “Smartacus,” and for good reason. Smart boasts an exceptionally high basketball IQ and his leadership qualities could land him a gig on the sideline -- that is once he’s done tormenting defenders on both ends of the floor. And, come on, what player is going to question a move made by a coach named Smart?

Runner-up: Marcus Paige, Linn-Mar (Marion, Iowa)

http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/boys-basketball/post/_/id/4867/toasting-the-class-of-2012

Smart new nickname Smartacus

I'm going to be depressed if Henny drafts Alex Len or something after all our talk of Smart/McLemore/Oladipo. I'd trust his judgement... But I'd still be disappointed.

I'm going to be depressed if Henny drafts Alex Len or something after all our talk of Smart/McLemore/Oladipo. I'd trust his judgement... But I'd still be disappointed.

I know right. Henny goes and gets cody zeller...

In games Smart and McLemore have played over 30 minutes, to date, their stats are as follows:

Smart

GP: 21

Pts: 16.4

FG%: 43%

FT%: 78%

3PT%: 26%

REB: 6.3

AST: 4.7

STL: 3.1

BLK: 0.8

TO: 3.4

McLemore

GP: 19

Pts: 18.4

FG%: 51%

FT%: 94%

3PT%: 40%

REB: 6.1

AST: 2.3

STL: 1.3

TO: 2.2

I personally love what Smart brings to the game. So much of what he contributes doesn't appear in his personal stats. The guy is relentless on defense and is all hustle. Despite his turnovers, he has a very high basketball IQ for a freshman and makes good decisions. He's able to create his own shot and get into the lane to create shots for his teammates. His jump shot can use some improving along with his FT% and outside shooting, but that will come in time. He's a very strong player and should be able to match up, strength wise, with any PG and most SG's in the NBA. I'd take Smart with our pick hands down.

In games Smart and McLemore have played over 30 minutes, to date, their stats are as follows:

Smart

GP: 21

Pts: 16.4

FG%: 43%

FT%: 78%

3PT%: 26%

REB: 6.3

AST: 4.7

STL: 3.1

TO: 3.4

McLemore

GP: 19

Pts: 18.4

FG%: 51%

FT%: 94%

3PT%: 40%

REB: 6.1

AST: 2.3

STL: 1.3

TO: 2.2

I personally love what Smart brings to the game. So much of what he contributes doesn't appear in his personal stats. The guy is relentless on defense and is all hustle. Despite his turnovers, he has a very high basketball IQ for a freshman and makes good decisions. He's able to create his own shot and get into the lane to create shots for his teammates. His jump shot can use some improving along with his FT% and outside shooting, but that will come in time. He's a very strong player and should be able to match up, strength wise, with any PG and most SG's in the NBA. I'd take Smart with our pick hands down.

Do not like smarts fg%

Do not like smarts fg%

His TS% is at 53% which is respectable for a freshman point guard but definitely needs to be more judicious with his three point shooting as he takes way too many shots from deep.