1. 1. Who do you want draft day 2013?

• Shabazz Muhammad
    • Ben McLemore
    • Nerlens Noel
    • Marcus Smart
    • Anthony Bennett
    • Michael Carter-Williams
    • Another Player not Listed
  2. 2. Do you think Marcus Smart fits in O Town?

I put this in the draft thread, but just a reminder Kansas vs. Oklahoma St. tonight @ 9:00 on ESPN. Chance to watch McLemore and Smart go at it

good to know

My ideal pick would be Ben McLemore because if we end up getting rid of JJ, then I think McLemore would be an excellent replacement, and a player that can certainly become a top shooting guard. But if we were to end up with the second pick, and the Bobcats (or another team) take him at one; then I'd be very happy if we land Marcus Smart because he has the talent to become an excellent point guard. But even Shabazz Muhammad could be a decent option for us because he's got potential to become a very good small forward.

Any one of McLemore, Smart or Muhammad would be a good pick.

I think getting Marcus would allow us to resign JJ and start them together. Marcus can defend, drive and dish while JJ can help run the offense and do his thing spreading the floor.

a starting lineup of smart/redick/wiggins/xxx/vucevic would be a dream in 2014

for a player to go 2/14 from the field vs kansas, he was the best player on the court. He got hurt a few times and still keep coming. Before the shoulder issue, he was killing on defense. He had like 3 forced steals in the first half. I also liked the fact that he draw fouls and attacked the rim.

However, I did not like has lack of a left hand, poor shooting %, and his defense on quick guards. I did not realize how ball dominated he is with his right hand.

Overall, I as an impacted player. I did not see that in McLemore. McLemore was just standing and waiting for the ball and did not do much on either end of the floor. Smart was very involved, even when not scoring.

I like Smart more than I like Mclemore. However, my main concern with Smart will be his ability to guard quicker guards. Struggled a lot this season against quicker guards. I wouldn't mind though if the Magic can somehow trade down and get an extra pick so that they get two picks in this years draft. I also prefer Michael Carter Williams to Mclemore, but maybe that's because I really want a PG that's got NBA size and is a pass first type guy.

I will say this though, I think MCW could be the best player eventually in this draft.

I like Smart for the play on names alone. I mean, you remember Shaq and all the crap that came around him? I can't count the number of times the guys on ESPN or SI would try to outdo each other with stupid Shaq-names (Shaqtaclemous! Shaqled! Shaqlaqadingdong!). At least with "smart," these things would be a lot easier for sports writers.

Please Magic: do it for ESPN.

I like Smart for the play on names alone. I mean, you remember Shaq and all the crap that came around him? I can't count the number of times the guys on ESPN or SI would try to outdo each other with stupid Shaq-names (Shaqtaclemous! Shaqled! Shaqlaqadingdong!). At least with "smart," these things would be a lot easier for sports writers.

Please Magic: do it for ESPN.

I'm with you on this. We could start referring to 3's as Smart-Bombs.

• Upvote 1

I like Smart more than I like Mclemore. However, my main concern with Smart will be his ability to guard quicker guards. Struggled a lot this season against quicker guards. I wouldn't mind though if the Magic can somehow trade down and get an extra pick so that they get two picks in this years draft. I also prefer Michael Carter Williams to Mclemore, but maybe that's because I really want a PG that's got NBA size and is a pass first type guy.

I will say this though, I think MCW could be the best player eventually in this draft.

I don't get any of the love affair with MCW, at all. He's tall and plays point...big deal. You still have to be able to shoot and defend in the NBA, and he doesn't do either well.

• Upvote 2

New article from Chad Ford about the Magic and potentially landing the number one pick:

Good fits: Marcus Smart, Nerlens Noel, Ben McLemore, Victor Oladipo

Smart isn't putting up huge numbers, but he has come up huge for Oklahoma State in some of its biggest games and appears to have the X factor that NBA GMs look for in a No. 1 pick. Smart has great size for the position, has a NBA body, has a power game going to the basket, and is a clutch leader who is fearless with the game on the line. He also is a versatile defender who can guard multiple positions. Jameer Nelson has the starting job locked down right now, but Smart would be a long-term upgrade...

Best fit: Smart

The Magic need a star to start building around. To me, Smart is oozing with star potential. He's still pretty raw. His jump shot is shaky and he can be turnover-prone, but he's a charismatic leader who works hard on both ends of the floor and usually rises to the occasion in big games. Putting him on the floor with the Magic's collection of young players would immediately make everyone better.

http://insider.espn....gic-draft-needs