Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Mavericks - Friday, February 21st at 7:00 P.M.

On 2/22/2020 at 12:05 PM, Gordon MVP said:

I just don’t get how you can’t be frustrated after all this time. If we had a sense of direction and made some serious moves I would understand. But our lack of direction right now is akin to the ibaka year. Next year looks to be even worse with the East looking to get better. 

This is a great post. Over on pinstripped they can be fans and still be upset with management. Too many teams made either big or small moves the last two years. We didn't. 

We got Fultz and keep putting out complimentary pieces as stars, bench players as starters and absolute trash as a bench. There were moves to be made, but the Magic chose mediocrity.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

This is a great post. Over on pinstripped they can be fans and still be upset with management. Too many teams made either big or small moves the last two years. We didn't. 

We got Fultz and keep putting out complimentary pieces as stars, bench players as starters and absolute trash as a bench. There were moves to be made, but the Magic chose mediocrity.

I don’t think anyone is happy with management here so I’m not sure what you mean.

Also reading a post on another site reminded me of something. So far management has made it a thing to make trades at the last second. Literally the last team to make a trade the last two years. Also in free agency we seem to be the first team to sign or resign players. I feel like this makes them look safe, as in they are trying to not go out on a limb. At first i was honestly thinking we are playing hardball, but i think they were playing it safe. concurrently in free agency they made an unimaginative plan and made it quickly so nobody could argue with them within the organization. This is the way i see it now.

4 minutes ago, jec said:

I don’t think anyone is happy with management here so I’m not sure what you mean.

Oh there is one important poster that hates criticism. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, hootie249 said:

Also reading a post on another site reminded me of something. So far management has made it a thing to make trades at the last second. Literally the last team to make a trade the last two years. Also in free agency we seem to be the first team to sign or resign players. I feel like this makes them look safe, as in they are trying to not go out on a limb. At first i was honestly thinking we are playing hardball, but i think they were playing it safe. concurrently in free agency they made an unimaginative plan and made it quickly so nobody could argue with them within the organization. This is the way i see it now.

I get the same feeling. That the team is just coasting by collecting their check. Saddling ourselves to Vuc was basically embracing mediocrity.

But I still hold out hope for our young stars. As long as we don’t trade them again.

Guys it wasn't just one of us, we all said re-signing both Vucevic and Ross was a gamble that might play well in a weak eastern conference.It made sense in a small way coming off a playoff year. It made sense from a team standpoint not to trade Vucevic in his best year before the all star game last year. We had a great spring and it paid off in short trip to the playoffs.That being said what is happening this year is our worst fear from those moves. Most of our players have been here for years and couldn't even get us to a .500 record. Well they aren't going to get us there this year as well. Remember we had 4 big player moves from the off season. Resigned Ross and Vuc,acquired Aminu and essentially gained Fultz. I know we have had injuries but 3 of those 4 have been here all year. Aminu looked like a big bust before he got hurt as well. If we took the bold route and simply not signed Ross and Vucevic we would have taken a step back but would have been better for it.It's obvious now our team has taken a step back and now we have very little flexibility. Nuff said. Saw more then one team this trade deadline realize they made a mistake and at least tried to fix the problem.

Had to edit, what i meant is most of us didn't want the team to resign those players but understood why team management did it. I wanted us to clear the cap space and at least try to sign someone, almost anyone. Brogdon,Bogdonovic, Morris, Lamb whoever. Any small or short contract would have worked unless we pulled an Indiana and actually got someone like Brogdon.

2 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Guys it wasn't just one of us, we all said re-signing both Vucevic and Ross was a gamble that might play well in a weak eastern conference.It made sense in a small way coming off a playoff year. It made sense from a team standpoint not to trade Vucevic in his best year before the all star game last year. We had a great spring and it paid off in short trip to the playoffs.That being said what is happening this year is our worst fear from those moves. Most of our players have been here for years and couldn't even get us to a .500 record. Well they aren't going to get us there this year as well. Remember we had 4 big player moves from the off season. Resigned Ross and Vuc,acquired Aminu and essentially gained Fultz. I know we have had injuries but 3 of those 4 have been here all year. Aminu looked like a big bust before he got hurt as well. If we took the bold route and simply not signed Ross and Vucevic we would have taken a step back but would have been better for it.It's obvious now our team has taken a step back and now we have very little flexibility. Nuff said. Saw more then one team this trade deadline realize they made a mistake and at least tried to fix the problem.

After Vucevic’s performance against the Raptors in the playoffs last year, it was time to move on

I was fine with the Ross signing. But Vuc and Aminu were just bad moves. And I understand the frustration with the trade deadline situation but we really our best trade assets are guys we’d want to keep here and try to develop. 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Had to edit, what i meant is most of us didn't want the team to resign those players but understood why team management did it. I wanted us to clear the cap space and at least try to sign someone, almost anyone. Brogdon,Bogdonovic, Morris, Lamb whoever. Any small or short contract would have worked unless we pulled an Indiana and actually got someone like Brogdon.

That’s what kills me about this FO. Other teams seem to realize they made a mistake and appear to try to rectify it while we seem to just keep doubling down on it. 

39 minutes ago, jec said:

I get the same feeling. That the team is just coasting by collecting their check. Saddling ourselves to Vuc was basically embracing mediocrity.

But I still hold out hope for our young stars. As long as we don’t trade them again.

Agreed. I think playoffs can rub off well on certain players, but I think the collection of players we have are just underachievers who don’t really care to put in the extra work to get better. My opinion at least. 

40 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Agreed. I think playoffs can rub off well on certain players, but I think the collection of players we have are just underachievers who don’t really care to put in the extra work to get better. My opinion at least. 

I wasn't going to add to this discussion. . .Oh, what the heck!

In my opinion, the collection of players we have are of the Chris Duhon mold (nothing more than bench cheerleaders).