Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Mavericks - Friday, February 21st at 7:00 P.M.

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Debbie downer and oblivious to our problems apparently lol. I’m still a die hard Magic fan but it’s obvious this team and management isn’t cutting it. 

I just don’t get how you can’t be frustrated after all this time. If we had a sense of direction and made some serious moves I would understand. But our lack of direction right now is akin to the ibaka year. Next year looks to be even worse with the East looking to get better. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

I just don’t get how you can’t be frustrated after all this time. If we had a sense of direction and made some serious moves I would understand. But our lack of direction right now is akin to the ibaka year. Next year looks to be even worse with the East looking to get better. 

Exactly this! There’s no way you can justify this regression without blaming the ones who are in charge of this long asssss rebuild. They can’t even get free agent signings right what makes us think they will draft correctly besides making that JI pick? There’s no direction and our go to player that gets paid 100 million over the next 4 years is everything we don’t need from a center yet we kept him here for 4 more years. I also don’t wanna hear it’s a good contract and we can trade him because nobody wants a center who got shut down by Marc Gasol in the playoffs. That should have been the writing on the wall for Vuc on this team but apparently we enjoy this type of Medicore play night in and out. I’ve never been as frustrated with a Magic team than this one the last few years. We keep making moves that make no sense and don’t  address any of our glaring problems which are shooting and rim protection. 

I hate to say it but not making the playoffs may be the best thing to happen to us for the sake of our future It might finally put the FO on the hot seat, forcing them to change this team up. I’m afraid if we make it we’re gonna try to run it back yet again and resign Fournier to a stupid contract. 

20 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

I’m afraid if we make it we’re gonna try to run it back yet again and resign Fournier to a stupid contract. 

I just cannot foresee this happening.  Then again I thought there was no chance they'd resign Vooch and here we are

So who did Kleber roast yesterday?  Vooch or Bamba?  Both?  Didn't see the game.

Edit:  Nevermind, just watched his highlights.  Our PnR defense is just utter trash.  Gets eviscerated by Maxi Kleber. 

5 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

I hate to say it but not making the playoffs may be the best thing to happen to us for the sake of our future It might finally put the FO on the hot seat, forcing them to change this team up. I’m afraid if we make it we’re gonna try to run it back yet again and resign Fournier to a stupid contract. 

Yeah maybe.

Dont want to be complacent just being “good enough”.

16 minutes ago, jec said:

Yeah maybe.

Dont want to be complacent just being “good enough”.

And I’m all for playoffs. I really thought we’d take that extra step after we made it last year and that our guys would be hungry enough to go a step further. But now I see that concept is just crap. Without real talent and real fit, this team is going nowhere with or without making the playoffs again. I say it’s more detrimental to make it this year than anything else. 

Though I agree that missing the playoffs could be better because it could force managements hand to move on from Vooch/Ross, I just don’t see anyway we get caught. Nobody behind us has any interest in catching us and our schedule is too easy

1 hour ago, Gordon MVP said:

And I’m all for playoffs. I really thought we’d take that extra step after we made it last year and that our guys would be hungry enough to go a step further. But now I see that concept is just crap. Without real talent and real fit, this team is going nowhere with or without making the playoffs again. I say it’s more detrimental to make it this year than anything else. 

I really think if we do it right with Isaac and Fultz we will see real progress.