Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic at Lakers - Wednesday, January 15th @ 10:30 PM

1 hour ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

I find it weird how national analysts think we’re on some sort of playoff bubble. I know we’re small market, but it’d take something close to a collapse for Chicago to overtake us.

National media are a joke. But it's on us to change that and we will. 

1 hour ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

I find it weird how national analysts think we’re on some sort of playoff bubble. I know we’re small market, but it’d take something close to a collapse for Chicago to overtake us.

Yeah. We're equally between Philly and Chicago. It would take another significant run and some help for us to catch Philly. It would take Chicago a significant run and some help to catch us. 

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Why not just fournier and our pick?

Or this probably makes more sense. 

Fournier to Portland

Bazemore and Portland's pick to New Orleans

JJ to Orlando.

Actually, why wouldn't Portland prefer JJ?

2 hours ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

Fivethirtyeight has consistently been giving us around 85-90% chance to make the playoffs, even during our worst stretch (Right now they have us up to 95% chance!). The teams below us almost all have more difficult schedules than us for the second half of the season. We have been playing pretty consistent even with all of the injuries.

I think some in the national media are labeling us as "on the bubble" because we probably are stuck in the 7-8 seed, so we aren't a contender or even the next step down.

This is a weird season where teams are basically playoff teams or not. The only spot that seems really up for grabs is the final spot in the west.

They were talking about the trade with The hawks. That they are in need of another PG but looking for expiring deals and DJ was a very attractive option. 
also the lakers were interested in DJ. 

10 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

They were talking about the trade with The hawks. That they are in need of another PG but looking for expiring deals and DJ was a very attractive option. 

Yeah I don't know if reputable sources are saying that though. 

The Lakers wanting dj makes sense. They're treating every season like a one year window to win a championship. DJ can play in big games off the bench and is the exact type of guy you want to surround LeBron with as far as bench players go. 

Minnesota doesn't. They wouldn't want a 32 year old expiring point guard. They're out of the playoffs again so dj doesn't do much for them this year. 

10 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

The only player I could see us wanting is Robert Covington. DJ and Birch + a second for Covington, who says no?

Though this puts us in the position of needing a back-up PG still.