Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

29 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I don't think MPJ is going to have a long career. Back surgeries are scary and he's already missed games recently with more back soreness. 

And it's one thing to just spend a pick on that guy, it's another to pay the cost to trade for him. His value to Denver is significantly higher than his value on the market.  

Yeah, Lowe implied on his podcast yesterday that he's basically untouchable from Denver's perspective.  But other teams are unlikely to even consider trading for him because the risk is just so high.

2 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Yeah, Lowe implied on his podcast yesterday that he's basically untouchable from Denver's perspective.  But other teams are unlikely to even consider trading for him because the risk is just so high.

It's just a discrepancy between his value to Denver and his value to another team. 

Denver is arguably a contender. They have a complete team. Porter is either an elite scorer that's going to be the difference between a championship or a second round exit or he's going to be a guy who is consistently in and out of the lineup who ultimately retires at 27 after his second contract. But they have 2.5 years and only 12 million on the books to see that play out. 

They can afford to just see what happens with him. Maybe in 2 years they don't want to commit to big money for him and trade him. But it doesn't make sense to move him today. 

In a trade you have to pay for the player he might become. That increases the risk. 

Just now, magicdoc1 said:

I think we are doing something with Denver or San Antonio. And Evan will be included. 

I think we're going to trade our injury exception and a second rounder for something helpful short term and I'm going to spend the next 4 months saying "no don't worry we're probably just going to sign and trade Evan this summer when there's more available" while internally being terrified that we're resigning him. 

17 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I would hope Steve Mills was working the phones yesterday for the Knicks when he was **checks notes** employed by the Knicks.

3 minutes ago, harley said:

Dreaming of a Evan and 1st for Harris and Beasley 

That is not a far fetched proposition and it is likely what I am seeing as well. But management  are so tight up with first rounders that I dont see they giving those away. I see more of Fournier and 2 second rounders.