Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

9 minutes ago, ML6 said:

None of these names being tossed around really help very much and that is the problem with trying to make a big shakeup at this particular trade deadline. 

Some of the names would help.

We aren’t comfortable to where standing pat makes sense. We should make moves that does make us better but not just today but for tomorrow. We’re not good enough to just rest on our laurels.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

Some of the names would help.

We aren’t comfortable to where standing pat makes sense. We should make moves that does make us better but not just today but for tomorrow. We’re not good enough to just rest on our laurels.

I'm not suggesting we do nothing in general.  It is clear as day that this team needs a change.  That doesn't justify making a shakeup just for the sake of making a shakeup.  I'm saying it sucks that there just so happens to be a relative drought of impactful options when we need one the most.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

If we did that, then it would be time to question the FO. 

I agree. 

Not trading him this week is ok but it has to come with the expectation that we sign and trade him this summer or let him go for nothing

4 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I agree. 

Not trading him this week is ok but it has to come with the expectation that we sign and trade him this summer or let him go for nothing

I still don’t think we should wait. The sign and trade offers for him would decrease imo. Do it now just for the sake of moving in another direction.

With how bad Evan’s been lately, is he still a pretty sure thing to opt in? I guess some team will probably pay him based on his best performances, just hope it’s not us. Then again, I thought after how bad Vucevic was in the playoffs last year there was no way we’d entertain bringing him back and yet here we are.

I actually don't care what we do ... Literally... I think I trust the front office.

I'd be pissed to trade AG as I really do believe in him still. In saying that I'm a Orlando Magic fan 1st. My loyalties lie with the franchise not any 1 player

5 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

With how bad Evan’s been lately, is he still a pretty sure thing to opt in? I guess some team will probably pay him based on his best performances, just hope it’s not us. Then again, I thought after how bad Vucevic was in the playoffs last year there was no way we’d entertain bringing him back and yet here we are.

I think it's more about locking up long term guaranteed money. So let's say the market for him sucks and he's not getting more single year money offers from anyone. He's still worth something around 4/48 at a minimum. That's still significantly more money than 1/17. Maybe he takes the gamble

3 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I actually don't care what we do ... Literally... I think I trust the front office.

I'd be pissed to trade AG as I really do believe in him still. In saying that I'm a Orlando Magic fan 1st. My loyalties lie with the franchise not any 1 player

Trading Gordon is fine as long as it is a part of a larger plan. Getting back a player that fits the long term vision around fultz and Isaac for Gordon is fine. 

Trading him and reinvesting in Fournier would be dumb

20 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I don’t trust them but that’s me. After resigning Vuch I’m skeptical.

AG needs to realize he’s not Tmac. Once he does, he’s fine. I’d trade him for the right pieces and direction