Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Raptors - Monday, Oct. 28th at 7:30 P.M.

The guy that is unplayable when his shots aren't falling is Vooch. His defense, especially his help defense, looks awful this year. He's being targeted repeatedly to start games. I really hope that contract doesn't come back to bite the Magic in the tush.

3 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

The answer to our all of our problems is a stupidly easy fix. 

The starting lineup has been garbage

Fultz-mcw lineups have been bad. 

Fultz with the starters has been fantastic on both sides of the ball. 109.3 offensive rating 88.1 defensive rating in 20 minutes. 

Augustin-mcw lineups have been great. 

Flipping augustin and fultz fixes things. 

This ^. Like you mentioned before its pretty simple. MCW can take the bigger backcourt player/scoring threat and it keeps MCW and Fultz off the court together which just doesn't work. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for Clifford to adjust. I just hope it doesn't take a 5-10 start to come to this fairly simple conclusion and make the correction. Same goes for Bamba getting minutes over Birch

For all the negative things we can say about Bamba, Toronto shot 24% when he was in the game, best on the team. 

He's best on the team in that category for the season. 32.9%. 

He looks bad and I do wonder if it has something to do with guards limiting driving lanes but whatever is happening it's working. 

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

But seriously, the rotations should change to this:

Fultz-Fournier-Isaac-Gordon-Vucevic

And filter into

Augustin-mcw-Ross-aminu-Bamba

With the primary bench lineup being

Augustin-Ross-(Isaac or gordon)-aminu-Bamba 

Over/under how long this takes everyone?

I say 25-30 games.

30 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

The guy that is unplayable when his shots aren't falling is Vooch. His defense, especially his help defense, looks awful this year. He's being targeted repeatedly to start games. I really hope that contract doesn't come back to bite the Magic in the tush.

It already has.

That deal alone has completely caused me to question why I invest so much time and money into this organization. It’s why I’m rarely on or posting to this forum. I like to keep my negativity away but sometimes I can’t help it. 

It was a desperate deal to appease casual fans and keep our “all star” around and be able to make the playoffs as a 6-8 seed for the foreseeable future.

I’ll never under any circumstance understand why we had to do the 4 years. Absolutely won’t get it. If you want to overpay for a 1-2 year deal while Bamba develops then fine. But 4 years was absolutely inexcusable and one of the more nearsighted moves I can remember. 

Vuc duped everyone and I remember saying it all last year and all off-season. He has spike seasons in contract years. He will go back to what he’s always been this season. 

Sorry to bring the negative energy but it just infuriates me. 

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

It already has.

That deal alone has completely caused me to question why I invest so much time and money into this organization. It’s why I’m rarely on or posting to this forum. I like to keep my negativity away but sometimes I can’t help it. 

It was a desperate deal to appease casual fans and keep our “all star” around and be able to make the playoffs as a 6-8 seed for the foreseeable future.

I’ll never under any circumstance understand why we had to do the 4 years. Absolutely won’t get it. If you want to overpay for a 1-2 year deal while Bamba develops then fine. But 4 years was absolutely inexcusable and one of the more nearsighted moves I can remember. 

Vuc duped everyone and I remember saying it all last year and all off-season. He has spike seasons in contract years. He will go back to what he’s always been this season. 

Yeah I hated the deal too.

9 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Over/under how long this takes everyone?

I say 25-30 games.

It should be tomorrow. Augustin and fultz already split minutes so it's not like you have to rebuild the rotation. Fultz already closes games over augustin so we already see the value there. 

The only reason we're not doing this is habit. 

2 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

It should be tomorrow. Augustin and fultz already split minutes so it's not like you have to rebuild the rotation. Fultz already closes games over augustin so we already see the value there. 

Or as a show of respect towards DJ

13 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Well we are about to find out how stubborn Cliff is. I'm jaded so I don't anticipate this move anytime soon. 

24 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

It already has.

So I was against the Vucevic contact as much as anybody. 

The good news is we play fantastic defense when Vucevic is in the game with fultz or MCW. 

That tells me there's a viable path forward in the short term with Vucevic if we can limit drives to the basket and get reasonable offensive production out of him. But yeah, gotta hope he's tradable in the future. 

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

That contract should have NEVER been offered. Period