Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Confirmed. Aaron Gordon to Toronto  for Serge Ibaka. 

LOL **** like that wouldn't even surprise me, hopefully we actually make a trade.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=va8gv86

This is a joke but surprised by two things. The trade actually works, at this point it wouldn't even phase me.

Double edit: Ibaka has actually played the last two years like we expected. Guy hits 40% of his 3's and plays great defense.

Why didn't Henny trade Vuc that summer and use Biyombo's money on a wing? It all could have worked out so much better.

I just doesn't make sense.............

Triple edit! Never mind i just did some research, almost every player signed that off season was a total bust or overpaid.The few good players we never had a chance to sign. 

13 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

If we play how we played yesterday we can beat most teams as long as our defence is up to our standards. 

Yesterday was exactly the way for us to play every single game

Bad teams make us look better than we are.  Play the same way against better teams and the outcome isn’t usually the same.   There’s a reason we’ve beaten so few teams with winning records.  Our shortcomings get exposed against teams who play better defense and who shoot better than Charlotte.  

2 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Bad teams make us look better than we are.  

I'm gonna say we haven't let Markelle play that way all season so let's see how we go again. Smart and Kemba are out. Nobody is guarding Markelle 1 on 1.

2 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Bad teams make us look better than we are.  

Not even a bad team thing. We play with different levels of competency seemingly at random. 

I think the winning streak last year destroyed this teams' sense of urgency. When Isaac went down it picked up for a week or two because the team felt pressure but lately it's slid back to low levels. 

27 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Not even a bad team thing. We play with different levels of competency seemingly at random. 

I think the winning streak last year destroyed this teams' sense of urgency. When Isaac went down it picked up for a week or two because the team felt pressure but lately it's slid back to low levels. 

I mean our record is very different against teams with winning vs losing records.  It can’t be that we only play hard against bad teams.  I suspect we play the same way most of the time, but it’s just not enough to get it done against the better teams, and it doesn’t look the same.  

8 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I mean our record is very different against teams with winning vs losing records.  It can’t be that we only play hard against bad teams.  I suspect we play the same way most of the time, but it’s just not enough to get it done against the better teams, and it doesn’t look the same.  

Isn't it expected to have vastly different records against good teams and bad teams?

Sometimes we play poorly against bad teams and win sometimes we lose (like the second game against Atlanta. Sometimes we play good against bad teams and win by a lot.

Sometimes we play poorly against good teams and lose. 

Its not reasonable to expect teams to play every single game at top effort. But if we played a reasonable amount of games with the same effort and focus on the defensive end like we did in wins against Miami and LA we'd have several more wins. 

Hi everbody, today is Wednesday, Feb. 5th. I'm at the airport in Atlanta--changing flights. I'm headed home to Daytona Beach (from my vacation home in Maryland). I'll be home in time to watch the game tonight.

Did you miss me? Haha, never mind? :)

Darn, it's difficult typing on a smart phone! It took me 30 minutes to post this message.  :)

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Hi everbody, today is Wednesday, Feb. 5th. I'm at the airport in Atlanta--changing flights. I'm headed home to Daytona Beach (from my vacation home in Maryland). I'll be home in time to watch the game tonight.

Did you miss me? Haha, never mind? :)

Darn, it's difficult typing on a smart phone! It took me 30 minutes to post this message.  :)

We all miss you dearly TMF! Safe travels and a win will do. Nothing less!